Matriarch Global Settings Changing on their own

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
syntheticmotion

Matriarch Global Settings Changing on their own

Post by syntheticmotion » Sat May 23, 2020 11:28 am

I was playing my Matriarch last night, and noticed my pitch bend wheel wasn't bending the pitch. I ended up having to go into global settings to reset the pitch bend range to default and it began working again.

I haven't altered any global settings in months. Has anybody else had issues with something like this. I'm not sure how that got set to 0.

Also, on a side note, now that I changed the value to default, I notice that my pitch bend wheel was set to a way higher range than default when it shipped to me. The default range is a lot less squirrely. That might be worth looking into if you are having issues with it.

Has anybody else had issues with global settings changing on their own? It makes me want to do a global reset, but without a reset function, I'll have to free up an afternoon to go through one setting at a time.

Music2picture

Re: Matriarch Global Settings Changing on their own

Post by Music2picture » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Yes. I have, it seems that modulation is not always accurate either As well as tuning calibration does not hold well ...so between those issues and the cheap plastic buttons And the noisey filter switch I might be going back to the voyager but first will try the subsequent 25 the build looks very solid and it sounds good , I love the moog sound just not a fan of the direction moog went with this series

Solenoid

Post by Solenoid » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:20 pm

Music2picture wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:35 pm Yes. I have, it seems that modulation is not always accurate either As well as tuning calibration does not hold well ...so between those issues and the cheap plastic buttons And the noisey filter switch I might be going back to the voyager but first will try the subsequent 25 the build looks very solid and it sounds good , I love the moog sound just not a fan of the direction moog went with this series
First of all, I have the same issue. My Matriach somehow randomized its parameters when I switched it on today. I did a reboot and I'm waiting to see if that has changed something.
About the plastic switches.. I had a Voyager OS and I must say that the quality of its switches wasn't better. There were huge gaps between the chassis holes and each switch and they were made of a mediocre plastic material. Seriously, the bricks in Lego sets have much better quality. I don't like the absence of patch memory on the Matriarch, but the sound is hugely better compared to a Subsequent IMO.

MrBlue

Post by MrBlue » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:14 am

syntheticmotion wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:28 am... to free up an afternoon to go through one setting at a time.
Try this ! :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34523
Music is emotion suspended in space and time
illustrasons