Mother 32 - Clock out of sync after updating

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
StellarChaos

Mother 32 - Clock out of sync after updating

Post by StellarChaos » Mon May 11, 2020 8:27 pm

Hi all, I updated the Mother-32 yesterday and everything went smoothly. The new features all sound great, but now when I try and record in Ableton using a MIDI clock, the notes from the Mother-32 are playing slightly out of sync. I've also noticed they aren't playing evenly, with no swing applied.

Has anyone else encountered this before?

cedricvdg

Re: Mother 32 - Clock out of sync after updating

Post by cedricvdg » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:15 pm

StellarChaos wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:27 pm Hi all, I updated the Mother-32 yesterday and everything went smoothly. The new features all sound great, but now when I try and record in Ableton using a MIDI clock, the notes from the Mother-32 are playing slightly out of sync. I've also noticed they aren't playing evenly, with no swing applied.

Has anyone else encountered this before?
I've had the same issue on version Firmware version 2.0 + the assignable output also not clocking out correctly,l I've gone through extensive troubleshooting and have been in touch with Moog support and they were able to reproduce this and has been forwarded to engineering. Should be getting a fix in the next firmware update. If you really need to have it clock through the M-32 you can downgrade the firmware to get the old behavior back.

loganme

Re: Mother 32 - Clock out of sync after updating

Post by loganme » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:11 pm

cedricvdg wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:15 pm If you really need to have it clock through the M-32 you can downgrade the firmware to get the old behavior back.
How do you downgrade the firmware? Is there a place to download the SYSEX?