SOLVED: Trigger DFAM from Just Matriarch WITHOUT the Matriarch sequencer playing?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
IAmSoundengine

SOLVED: Trigger DFAM from Just Matriarch WITHOUT the Matriarch sequencer playing?

Post by IAmSoundengine » Sat May 09, 2020 5:57 pm

Just like it says... can I trigger the DFAM to start, in synced clock with the Matriarch, without also having the Matriarchs Sequence Running (Note held and played?)

Im using my DAW to send clock to the Matriarch.

Cant seem to get one without the other, but that means I cant play the matriarch along with the DFAM, because it will just be looping an arpeggiation so the DFAm can play.

Thanks!
Last edited by IAmSoundengine on Sun May 10, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moogy_j

Re: Trigger DFAM from Just Matriarch WITHOUT the Matriarch sequencer playing?

Post by moogy_j » Sat May 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi,

I don't have a DFAM but you may be able to achieve this by changing Global settings:

- 1.8 Local Control (Arp / Seq) = OFF - this stops the sequence from playing the internal Matriarch sound engine but still outputs sequence via Midi
- 2.5 Sequence Keyboard Control = OFF - this stops the keyboard from triggering the sequencer start and transposition - the PLAY button will start the sequence

John
FuzzyCat Software - Software tools for musicians - www.fuzzy-cat.com

"Chonky" - free global parameter manager software for the Moog Matriarch and Grandmother - www.fuzzy-cat.com/products

IAmSoundengine

Re: Trigger DFAM from Just Matriarch WITHOUT the Matriarch sequencer playing?

Post by IAmSoundengine » Sat May 09, 2020 9:11 pm

Interesting. I’ll give those a shot. Thank you for the time to answer that.

IAmSoundengine

Post by IAmSoundengine » Sun May 10, 2020 3:46 pm

Figured it out. It was actually 2.2 I was looking for: "SEND CLOCK ALWAYS / ONLY WHEN SEQ IS PLAYING."
Thanks again for getting my pointed in the right direction.
moogy_j wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:18 pm Hi,

I don't have a DFAM but you may be able to achieve this by changing Global settings:

- 1.8 Local Control (Arp / Seq) = OFF - this stops the sequence from playing the internal Matriarch sound engine but still outputs sequence via Midi
- 2.5 Sequence Keyboard Control = OFF - this stops the keyboard from triggering the sequencer start and transposition - the PLAY button will start the sequence

John