Matriarch - Pitch Bend not affecting Keyboard CV Out

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
moogy_j

Matriarch - Pitch Bend not affecting Keyboard CV Out

Post by moogy_j » Sat May 09, 2020 9:18 am

Hi all,

When i use my Matriarch to control other modules via CV - Pitch Bend does not seem to be affecting KB CV Out. However, it does change the pitch for the internal Matriarch Oscillators. I also just realized that there is no Pitch Bend CV out on the Matriarch...

Could someone confirm this or is there a setting that I am missing?

John
FuzzyCat Software - Software tools for musicians - www.fuzzy-cat.com

"Chonky" - free global parameter manager software for the Moog Matriarch and Grandmother - www.fuzzy-cat.com/products

Markyboard

Re: Matriarch - Pitch Bend not affecting Keyboard CV Out

Post by Markyboard » Sat May 09, 2020 4:23 pm

Confirmed and I'm not surprised - same thing with the Voyager and I believe the Matriarch follows very similar architecture to the Voyager. I was able to easily modify the Voyager to connect the KB CV at the point that combines all of the pitch modulations. Hopefully this is true for the Matriarch as well.

I'm just not quite ready to go there yet.

moogy_j

Post by moogy_j » Sat May 09, 2020 4:53 pm

Markyboard wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:23 pm Confirmed and I'm not surprised - same thing with the Voyager and I believe the Matriarch follows very similar architecture to the Voyager. I was able to easily modify the Voyager to connect the KB CV at the point that combines all of the pitch modulations. Hopefully this is true for the Matriarch as well.

I'm just not quite ready to go there yet.
Thanks for the reply - that is what I guessed. My Model D reissue acts the same also and my Voyager has a PB CV out which helps.

Oh well, at least the glide affects the CV out. Looks like a potential future mod...
FuzzyCat Software - Software tools for musicians - www.fuzzy-cat.com

"Chonky" - free global parameter manager software for the Moog Matriarch and Grandmother - www.fuzzy-cat.com/products

voyager0500

Post by voyager0500 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:16 am

The Grandmother has a KB out that correctly incorporates the pitch wheel as well. Seems a bit of an oversight to not include it on the KB CV out on the Matriarch as well..
'i used to be a plastic cup..'
-remarkable-