Matriarch Mult Trigger Issue

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
moogy_j

Matriarch Mult Trigger Issue

Post by moogy_j » Wed May 06, 2020 7:49 pm

Hi everyone,

Just got my Matriarch a few days ago and I am loving it. Awesome sound and patch-ability that you can get lost in for days...

I noticed an issue with mult trigger where if I play a lot of notes – the filter envelope seems to get stuck at max sustain and the filter env no longer gets re-triggered. I wanted to see if this was a known issue and had already been identified to Moog.

To recreate:

- Filter env - attack = 0, decay = 7, release = 7, sustain = 3rd line
- Amp env – attack = 0, decay = 0, release = 7, sustain = max
- Set the filter to lp/lp, lower the cutoff, and set the env amount high enough to here the envelope open and then close
- Set Mult Trigger = on

In Paraphony = 1 – play slow and it works fine with the decay working – then play a lot of notes quickly and the filter env seems to stop retriggering and is stuck at max sustain and it no longer decays.

In Parphony = 4 – hold a low note and play a few 3 note stabs on top and it works fine – then play a bunch of 3 note stabs quickly and the filter env seems to get stuck at max sustain and it no longer decays.

To correct this you need to release all of the notes for a bit and then it resets the filter envelope. It seems to work fine when mult trigger is off.

Could someone else confirm this issue for me?

John
FuzzyCat Software - Software tools for musicians - www.fuzzy-cat.com

"Chonky" - free global parameter manager software for the Moog Matriarch and Grandmother - www.fuzzy-cat.com/products

syntheticmotion

Re: Matriarch Mult Trigger Issue

Post by syntheticmotion » Thu May 07, 2020 11:02 am

I am having this exact same issue. It can make playing polyphonic patches challenging.

moogy_j

Post by moogy_j » Thu May 07, 2020 8:27 pm

Ok - thanks. I will raise this to Moog.
FuzzyCat Software - Software tools for musicians - www.fuzzy-cat.com

"Chonky" - free global parameter manager software for the Moog Matriarch and Grandmother - www.fuzzy-cat.com/products

monokit

Post by monokit » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:47 pm

Hi, did this get sorted out by OS 1.2.3?

axel.yngvell

Post by axel.yngvell » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:20 pm

I am also having this issue. Any solutions?

fii

Post by fii » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:30 pm

Just found this thread after noticing the same bug on my matriarch. I‘m running firmware 1.2.3, so it seems it‘s still not fixed :/

Interestingly, once the filter envelope is stuck, it appears to stay like this until it is able to complete its full cycle. So even if you let go of all keys, but press a new one before the envelope release is finished, it‘s stuck at its maximum again. Only waiting until the release time is over seems to reset the envelope to its normal behavior.