Grandmother Update ..which way works really?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
viertelfranzose

Grandmother Update ..which way works really?

Post by viertelfranzose » Tue May 05, 2020 8:39 am

Hello to all here and i have a problem...question about the Firmware Update for the Grandma... to 1.06. I used different Programms till now..from MIDI OX..Electron Transfer...Bomes Send Ex...i tryed.many times...with the Scarlet Focus 8i6 3gen but i connect the Grandmother with USB Computer...directly...with this Instructions:.i used differents USB Cables. I just suprised how many Times i should try this..or is there a bug in this Instructions? How i see that a Grandmother is rebooting
or that the Update is really working in the Grandmother? or how i can acitivate the Update(?) after the last big Sysex UpdateFile...and the Uploadprocess finished.......the LED is still Flashing red,,,nothing changed...ON/OFF make no Difference. Perhaps someone can verify this Instructions for ..bugs perhaps : ) or can give others ideas. Perhaps i forgot a little Detail to change in the USB Connections Setup...or made just a SetupMistake in the Sysex Programms... in the Parameter Sections. Seems the Devil is in the Detail here ....Thank you very much and greetings from Andreas....(here i copy the Instructions which i found/used),,,,,,,,GRANDMOTHER FIRMWARE UPDATE V1.0.6 November 2019

Firmware version 1.0.6 for the Grandmother contains a number of new features as well as some bug fixes.

HOW TO UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE

1. Connect a USB cable from Grandmother to your computer.

2. Open your SysEx sending software.

NOTE: We recommend downloading Bome SendSX for Windows or SysEx Librarian for Mac.

3. In the SysEx software, select Grandmother as your MIDI output device.

NOTE: In SysEx Librarian, this is located in the drop-down menu at the top of the application window. In Bome SendSX, this is located in the MIDI OUT menu on the menu bar.

4. Select the SysEx file “Grandmother_FIRMWARE_INVALIDATE.syx” included with this download and click Send. On the Grandmother, the Arp Rate LED will start blinking red/green.

5. In the SysEx sending software, re-select Grandmother as your MIDI output device (Grandmother reboots and needs to be re-selected after INVALIDATE).

6. Select the SysEx file “Grandmother_FIRMWARE_ERASE.syx” included with this download

and click Send. On the Grandmother, the Arp Rate LED will blink red three times then blink green steadily. Grandmother is now ready for new firmware.

7. Select the new firmware file “Grandmother_Firmware_v1_0_6.syx” included with this download and click Send. The Grandmother Arp Rate LED will blink yellow-orange while receiving.

8. You’re done! Grandmother will reboot to the new firmware when done. TROUBLESHOOTING

If the Grandmother Arp Rate LED is still blinking yellow-orange after the firmware has finished sending, or if the Arp Rate LED stops blinking and the unit does not reboot automatically once firmware has finished sending, you should try again.

Turn the Grandmother power off and on again, disconnect and reconnect the USB cable, and then start over at step 1.

You can retry as many times as necessary and it will not hurt the hardware. If it doesn’t work after two or three tries, you should contact Moog Technical Support for further assistance.

viertelfranzose

Re: Grandmother Update ..which way works really?

Post by viertelfranzose » Tue May 05, 2020 6:55 pm

Finally i find a way to get it work...the only one way that seems on my System..after i checked all other ways of Installways with the Files from the new 1.06 Update. First.... used the OLD!!!!!!erase,invalidate.Firmware Files from the 1.02 Update and upload this two Files...and then i upload the NEW 1.06 big Firmware Files....and the Grandmother works without freezing with red light blink and no working Keyboard.