Matriarch Sequencer Rate

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
SkyePlayer

Matriarch Sequencer Rate

Post by SkyePlayer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:24 am

Hi - the manual says I should get up to 256 BPM.

Yet an 8 note sequence I programmed comes out at 139 BPM with the RATE knob maxed out (as measured using Logic BPM meter).

Have I missed something in the manual?

David

Grove

Re: Matriarch Sequencer Rate

Post by Grove » Sun May 03, 2020 3:27 am

I'm having the same problem. Page 45 of the manual specifies 20-280 BPM for the RATE/DIV knob. However, every sequence I control with that knob is limited to 40-140 BPM -- exactly half as fast (and half as slow) as advertised.

The sequencer can play faster than 140. Using the TAP key, I've been able to manually set the tempo up to about 180 BPM. I'd just like to be able to use the RATE/DIV knob, rather than speed-mashing the TAP key like I'm trying to resist Ocelot's torture in Metal Gear Solid.

I'm certain there's a simple solution (or at least a simple explanation), considering the divisible-by-2 nature of the issue. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

voyager0500

Re: Matriarch Sequencer Rate

Post by voyager0500 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:11 pm

I think this is a bug with the Matriarch causing it to max out at 140bpm when switched on. I am on 1.2.3 an I think I found a "solution". Press and hold the "tap" tempo button and voila, the rate will double up. Unfortunately it won't stay when you power off but at least it's a workaround.
'i used to be a plastic cup..'
-remarkable-