Grandmother Midi Issue

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
s4lome

Grandmother Midi Issue

Post by s4lome » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:39 am

Hello everyone,

I'm quite new to the world of hardware Synths, but I have an issue with my moog grandmother I can't seem to solve.
I send Midi from ableton into the grandmother. ADSR are all very low (Attack/Release even at min), also the notes sent from ableton are really short. However, when played by the grandmother, the notes sound much longer than they should with these ADSR settings. This results in 3 problematic things:

1) The sound I wanted is not play obviously
2) Equal notes are not retriggered correctly
3) If many equal notes are played in sequence, the grandmother produces an ongoing droning sound,
that does not even go away when I stop sending midi from ableton. I made sure it is not in drone mode of course.
I cant' even stop the droning manually on the synth (pressing another key only transposes the sound) then, except for turning it off and on again.

So in general this makes me think the grandmother receives somehow permanent midi information, however I have no idea what causes or could fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Simon

Ernesto59

Re: Grandmother Midi Issue

Post by Ernesto59 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Did you contact Moog Tech Support and were they able to fix the problem?

Ner0

Re: Grandmother Midi Issue

Post by Ner0 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:10 pm

I have the exact same issue. Moog is constantly droning even after I plug out midi and change the audio output to go directly into one of my speakers. Moreover, it produces a second sound after pressing on a key. So it produces on with the key press and a second one with the release and never goes silent, no matter in wich mode it is in. It is ridicolous that a 1000 $ behaves in this way. I'm selling my grandmother. The MIDI compatibility is virtually none, it is shitty and constantly constipating creative workflow with its bugs.