Matriarch stringer sounds?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
scottsikon

Matriarch stringer sounds?

Post by scottsikon » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Hello,
Can the Matriarch produce 70’s string synth tones? Like Jean Michelle Jarre Oxygène and Tangerine Dream? I’m thinking of sounds like Yamaha CS80, Korg Trident.etc.

Thanks!

_DemonDan_

Re: Matriarch stringer sounds?

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:20 am

scottsikon wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:19 pm Can the Matriarch produce 70’s string synth tones? Like Jean Michelle Jarre Oxygène and Tangerine Dream? I’m thinking of sounds like Yamaha CS80, Korg Trident. etc.
The key piece of the puzzle for stringer emulation is an Ensemble effect. Once you find a pedal that does Ensemble the way you want, it's a lot easier to dial in the synth parameters.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

bichuelo

Re: Matriarch stringer sounds?

Post by bichuelo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:52 pm

You can use the included delay as a chorus effect as well, by modulating its time (at its lowest level) with the extra LFO

I place each oscillator in a different waveform and put a slow LFO on the main modulation, assigned to PWM, and it can do some very fat and profound pads
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra