MATRIARCH - Sequencer Round Robin Mode not working

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
ismanute

MATRIARCH - Sequencer Round Robin Mode not working

Post by ismanute » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:07 am

Hi there,

i am having this issue: If i set Round Robin Mode to ON it works with keyboard, arpeggiator but not with sequencer. Is this normal?

Another issue i have (i think it is a consequence of the previous) is that if i set the Sequence Keyboard Control to OFF - to be able to play the keyboard along with the sequencer - i cannot hold down a key on the keyboard because the next note of the sequencer always steals it.

I have firmware 1.1.

Thanks!

Markyboard

Re: MATRIARCH - Sequencer Round Robin Mode not working

Post by Markyboard » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:29 pm

For round robin to work with the sequencer you have to set round robin to "On" (E0), not "On with Reset"(D0).

I have the same issue with notes being cut off when Sequencer Keyboard Control is off. This appears to be a bug.

MrBlue

Post by MrBlue » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:32 pm

I confirm I have the same bug :wink:
Music is emotion suspended in space and time
illustrasons

syntheticmotion

Post by syntheticmotion » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:03 pm

having the same issue with the sequencer killing keyboard notes when the keyboard isn't connected to the sequencer. You are not alone!

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:12 am

I wrote up and submitted a ticket. Also not sure if it will help but I figure the more people that write a ticket for the velocity curve may help get it fixed. Thanks.

syntheticmotion

Post by syntheticmotion » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:21 pm

I wrote a ticket about the sequencer stealing notes a couple of weeks ago. It even exhibits a type of that behavior when you have the sequencer only outputting midi (steals from the keyboard played notes) which leads me to believe it is a software issue. I was going to have the sequencer control an off board piece of gear and solo with all of the voices available on the Matriarch, but it kept cutting my notes off even though the sequencer should have only been affecting midi as per the global setting.

tenorjazz

Post by tenorjazz » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:34 pm

I was talking to a support person at Moog and this is what he said:

"It sounds like you're hearing the usual function from the sequencer keyboard control off setting. It can be tempting to expect that it would sound like two separate tracks/parts, however there's no separate envelope for the key presses to travel through. The manual could state it better but it's currently quite literal in that you can "play along with the sequencer". In other words, as the gate opens and closes through the sequence, key presses will only be clearly heard when they line up with the sequence. Also, if the key presses weren't traveling through the filter and amp envelope, they would not be heard at the output."

Seems like it is working as designed, but not like it's described.

Nick Batt did a patch in the Sonic Review of the Matriarch that seems to do what we are all trying to do. As far as I can tell he didn't use the Sequencer/Keyboard control to do it. Maybe someone can get him to publish that patch!!