ARP and Sync enable stop working with MIDI

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
JonGegelman

ARP and Sync enable stop working with MIDI

Post by JonGegelman » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:17 pm

Hi! I own a Matriarch and have used it with Logic Pro as a clock source for the past few months with no issues. Today I turned on my system and I started a ARP on the Matriarch. When I hit record on logic the Arp lights turn off on the Matriarch, no audio is generated, and can not be turned back on until the recording is stopped from Logic. Sometimes the arp will not generate sound after that, sometimes it does. This also affects the sequence the same way and Sync Enable also turns off when logic starts recording.

I haven't updated my system or change any settings. I opened a new logic project, not from a template to try to resolve the issue. I also reset the Matriarchs firmware. I did notice I can't get the issue to happen in Ableton. So I'm not sure if it's a logic or Matriarch issue.

The Matriarch seems fine outside of these issues, and logic is working fine outside of these issue.

THe Matriarch is connected via USB.

OMN

Re: ARP and Sync enable stop working with MIDI

Post by OMN » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:48 pm

not exactly the same, but suffering of a similar issue.

Sending clock to Matriarch via USB from Ableton Live, and each new Play instance on Live causes an interrupt of arppegio or sequencer playback on Matriarch, although the Play button is lit on. I have to manually turn it off and on the Play button of Matriarch to be able to hear it again...

JonGegelman

Post by JonGegelman » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:11 pm

I found the issue, at least for my instance. I deleted logic's controller settings and it's working perfectly. I guess something went corrupt in logic. Not sure if Ableton has something similar but maybe worth a shot.

mangrilla

Post by mangrilla » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:46 pm

How did you delete the controller settings?

I'm having a bunch of issues. One is that the ARP/Sequencer quit working. The other is that random notes just hold now after I play them when I have the usb plugged in.