Matriarch sustain sliders very 'loose'?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
OoldFoogey

Matriarch sustain sliders very 'loose'?

Post by OoldFoogey » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:16 pm

Hi,

I've just got a Matriarch (my first Moog since buying a used Prodigy in about 1980, which I still have); this is my first post on this forum.

Apart from the observation that the Matriarch is a fantastic thing, another is that the envelope sustain sliders are very 'loose', by which I mean that they seem to be completely free-moving, with what seems to be no friction at all.

So the question: is this normal?

TIA,
Oold(ish) Foogey
Matriarch

ummagumma

Re: Matriarch sustain sliders very 'loose'?

Post by ummagumma » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:52 pm

I have a Grandmother, and at first I was surprised how little friction there is on the sustain slider

but seems normal, AFAIK

in fact, I got so used to lightly flicking it with one finger, that other mixer sliders ( like the ones on my TR8 ) seem annoyingly stiff, in comparison

OoldFoogey

Post by OoldFoogey » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:34 am

ummagumma wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:52 pm I have a Grandmother, and at first I was surprised how little friction there is on the sustain slider

but seems normal, AFAIK

in fact, I got so used to lightly flicking it with one finger, that other mixer sliders ( like the ones on my TR8 ) seem annoyingly stiff, in comparison
Thank you, I'm reassured.
Matriarch

Richard deHove

Post by Richard deHove » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:33 am

Yes, it's weird isn't it? So light it feels like they'll just slide down by themselves. Yet they do seem to stick in place. I saw in another thread how the light action is supposed to mimic a DJ slider...