Matriarch Firmware Update

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
izzywicket

Matriarch Firmware Update

Post by izzywicket » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:26 pm

Hi!

Just got my Matriarch out of the box and attempted to update the firmware.

I followed all of the instructions but am stuck at the last step with the flashing orange light. The instructions state that I should keep trying, but contact support if it doesn't work. I've been trying for 3 days now, and still have not heard back from support. Is there anything else I can do or try?

I'm on a Mac using SysEx Librarian, I'm not using a usb hub, but am using a usbc-usb adapter to connect to the laptop.

Any help or ideas are much appreciated!

Iz

MrBlue

Re: Matriarch Firmware Update

Post by MrBlue » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:03 pm

Have you register your Matriarch on Moog Music ?
I received mine on dec 11 and after register I received a mail who says :

"• Matriarch Firmware v1.1.0 (If you have a Matriarch with Serial #01575 and above your firmware is up to date and you do not need to install.)"
Music is emotion suspended in space and time
illustrasons

hketes

Post by hketes » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:46 pm

I was experiencing this issue trying to update the Grandmother from my Windows 10 machine. I tried the update process three times without success. I kept getting the blinking yellow/orange light after the firmware was finished being sent. I decided to reboot my PC in case that was causing the issue. After the PC reboot the firmware update process completed successfully.

Richard deHove

Post by Richard deHove » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:35 am

Just for future reference: You also need to be patient. The first couple of steps are almost instant, but the actual firmware update process can take a while. I think mine took about 20 minutes. I thought it was hung the first time so rebooted the Matriarch. Went through it again and just left it and it was fine.

whatisvalis

Post by whatisvalis » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:04 am

I'm also stuck at the flashing orange light waiting for the Matriarch to reboot.