Matriarch Arp/Seq Knob Calibration

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
D-Jock

Matriarch Arp/Seq Knob Calibration

Post by D-Jock » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:36 pm

Has anyone else been having an issue where the arp/seq rate knob is losing its calibration once it’s turned past 12 o’ clock? When I turn mine past 12 o’ clock the rate suddenly hits the max speed, and from 12 o’ clock to fully CW it stays at that fastest rate and then from 12 o’ clock to fully CCW it only gets you halfway to the slowest rate setting, so you have to patch in an attenuator to get back to its regular behavior. I reached out to tech support and installed a beta of the first firmware update and did a knob calibration but it hasn’t helped. Wondering if anyone else is seeing similar behavior from their Matriarch. Aside from this, I love it and have been having a ton of fun exploring all of its capabilities!

Suspish

Re: Matriarch Arp/Seq Knob Calibration

Post by Suspish » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:54 pm

I had the exact same issue. I was going to contact support, but before I did, I restarted the Matriarch, and the knob was back to full range. I think maybe I had a MIDI clock signal going that changed the behavior on the rate, as in the after the clock was no longer going to the Matriarch, the synth needed a reboot to reset the rate knob. I will try and see if I can reproduce tonight, but it was a little perplexing.

D-Jock

Post by D-Jock » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Yeah whenever I turned it on, it was totally fine, but after playing for a little something would trigger and it would knock off the calibration. Support reached back out to me with another beta of the firmware, but that actually made it worse, where the arpeggiator now only has two different rate settings, and only plays two notes regardless of how many you hold down. I’m fine with waiting until the firmware is fully ironed out, Moog support has been really helpful in trying to find a solution which I really appreciate.

dschwabe

Post by dschwabe » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:27 pm

Just came here to post a similar issue.
Past 12 o’clock the rate doesn’t change at all anymore and the max rate is about 120 I would say.
I also find the slowest rate to be too fast for my taste. Definitely much faster than the documented 20 bpm.
Setting tempo via Tap button seems to work fine though.
Will definitely report to support as well. Good to know they are working on a first software update.
That they sent you beta versions that made matters worse doesn't make me too confident though.