Matriarch Issues

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Deva

Matriarch Issues

Post by Deva » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:13 am

Hi Peeps...

Had a Matriarch for 4 days now. I'm so loving this synth! Incredible sounds!

I do have a couple issues.

First, if I plug cables into the second Attenuator, then the first Attenuator controls filter cutoff (no cables in the first Attenuator at all). Weird issue... check a number of times and turned the synth off and back on and the issue is unchanged.

Second, if I plug in a sustain pedal and hold the pedal down and play a series of notes, only some of the notes trigger.

_DemonDan_

Re: Matriarch Issues

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:39 am

Deva wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:13 am If I plug cables into the second Attenuator, then the first Attenuator controls filter cutoff (no cables in the first Attenuator at all). Weird issue... check a number of times and turned the synth off and back on and the issue is unchanged.
I don't have one in front of me, but I recall that there's a default behavior that passes the output of Attenuator 1 into Attenuator 2 if there's nothing connected to the Input of Attenuator 2.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:42 am

Deva wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:13 amIf I plug in a sustain pedal and hold the pedal down and play a series of notes, only some of the notes trigger.
I think that may have to do with which Voice Mode you're using, and what Note Priority type is chosen.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Deva

Post by Deva » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:13 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:42 am
Deva wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:13 amIf I plug in a sustain pedal and hold the pedal down and play a series of notes, only some of the notes trigger.
I think that may have to do with which Voice Mode you're using, and what Note Priority type is chosen.
It is default which is last note played... notes should play every time

Deva

Post by Deva » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:18 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:39 am
Deva wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:13 am If I plug cables into the second Attenuator, then the first Attenuator controls filter cutoff (no cables in the first Attenuator at all). Weird issue... check a number of times and turned the synth off and back on and the issue is unchanged.
I don't have one in front of me, but I recall that there's a default behavior that passes the output of Attenuator 1 into Attenuator 2 if there's nothing connected to the Input of Attenuator 2.
Yes... It is working as it should... just it was unexpected

Deva

Post by Deva » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:23 pm

I've had an issue where I use the Tap Tempo for the Arp/Seq and then when I turn it off, the speed of the Arp/Seq is too fast until I turn it off and back on.

penguinrock

Post by penguinrock » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:54 am

Sustain pedal.

I'm not 100% sure about duophonic and paraphonic modes, but in monophonic mode, the sustain pedal will returns to the first note played upon release.

For example, if I'm playing a G note, press down and hold on the sustain pedal, then release my finger (sustain pedal is working), then play A, B, etc. (sustain pedal is holding each note I play as I go along), then release the sustain pedal... The VCA will play its release cycle on that first G note.

I read in a Facebook group where someone found a similar issue in paraphonic and duophonic modes.

Perhaps there can be a firmware fix for this so that the VCA releases on the last note played upon release of the sustain pedal.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:22 am

On page 14 of the manual says: "Pressing the main red SYNC ENABLE button enables the Sync functions of
Oscillator 2, Oscillator 3, and Oscillator 4"

But, on my unit the big button does nothing until I press at least one of the individual sync buttons on oscillators 2-4
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra