Using Grandmother Seq/Arp on external synths

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
goldenavenger

Using Grandmother Seq/Arp on external synths

Post by goldenavenger » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi!
Can I use the Grandmother's Sequencer or Arpeggiator on an external synth (specifically the Sirin).
I will own both soon and I'm trying to figure out any ways that they can interact, and the absence of a sequencer on the Sirin bothers me. Does the Sirin software have a sequencer?
Any advice would be appreciated!

bichuelo

Re: Using Grandmother Seq/Arp on external synths

Post by bichuelo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Yes, you can use the Grandmother's sequencer with the Sirin with great results. And no, the Sirin's editor does not have a sequencer/arpeggiator. But you can achieve great results after you do a melody on a piano roll from your DAW to the Sirin, then send a sequence from the Grandmother using the CV outputs and remap them to different parameters

The results can be wild
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:58 pm

Well, actually the pitch calibration can be tricky on the Minitaur/Sirin to be honest. You can always build your melody on your DAW and reassign the pitch to another parameter and have a great time
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:22 am

Ive been using Sirin with Grandmother and LOVING it ~ Minitaur too
Right now SIRIN is paired to my Matriarch … great combination(s)

my Voyager XL is hooked up with my Slim Phatty, though it works great with Sirin and SOUNDS awesome paired with anything really however the Slim arp created a few Midi CC issues with the new Mother/Matriarch which I notified Moog about… Slim should have a setting to filter out all Midi except notes - doesn't it? the sync was screwed up and turning the glide or mod wheel activated Latch and Arp on the Slim (for example)

I will have to take a closer look … but i think either or both Slim & GM/M will require Firmware update to address that compatibility issue …but SIRIN does not have any issues with the newer instruments that i HAVE discovered yet
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D