Sync DFAM via Grandmother using Cubase as master ?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
mingwingming

Sync DFAM via Grandmother using Cubase as master ?

Post by mingwingming » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:47 pm

I am trying to sync the DFAM via my Grandmother using Cubase 10 pro

Surely there must be a way to hit play in Cubase and get the DFAM playing in sync via grandmother? I have tried a variety of different midi settings in the GM , and using RUN\Stop or ADV/Clock on DFAM but no joy unless the arpeggio is on and holding down a key which is hopeless.... has anyone managed to get their DAW to fire the DFAM up without holding down keys on the grandmother, I have this amazing bit of kit that is not being utilized in the best way and its buggin the hell out of me..

Thanks for any feedback.. :D
DFAM - GRANDMOTHER - Dreadbox NYX - Yamaha AN1X - MFB Tanzmaus - Maschine MK3 - Cubase Pro (tons of plugs)

Acid Mitch

Re: Sync DFAM via Grandmother using Cubase as master ?

Post by Acid Mitch » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:19 am

Send some audio trigger pulses from Cubase to dfam wihout GM in the middle.

mingwingming

Re: Sync DFAM via Grandmother using Cubase as master ?

Post by mingwingming » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:18 pm

Thanks Mitch I must say i am yet to try this, i was holding out hope that there was something that was less hassle and to be honest still busy getting my way round the DFAM and GM .. Does anyone expect their to be any firmware changes to allow the GM to pass through SYNC timings from Cubase (or a DAW) without the ARP enabled in a future firmware update ?

Update - I now have the DFAM using the Audio Sync Method from the Sampler output on Cubase \ MAschine Headphone output.. a lot less hassle then i thought it would be.. happy days :)
DFAM - GRANDMOTHER - Dreadbox NYX - Yamaha AN1X - MFB Tanzmaus - Maschine MK3 - Cubase Pro (tons of plugs)