Grandmother Flightcase?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
eveready9v

Grandmother Flightcase?

Post by eveready9v » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:43 am

Anyone got a lead on a good flightcase for the Grandmother, or any idea if Moog is gonna release one, been waiting on it since it seems like they've made a case for everything else except the Grandmother, but I'm going on tour and unless I find a good fit, it's staying home again.
Thanks
Barry

filtered

Re: Grandmother Flightcase?

Post by filtered » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:03 pm

I found a hard shell samsonite suitcase at a vintage thrift warehouse- took the foam inserts from the original box and inserted into the suitcase- fits like a glove and sturdy enough to check/ship!

Strelok_401

Post by Strelok_401 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:23 pm

What are the exact dimensions of the Grandmother? I'm still debating buying it, and if I do, I'll have to move around with it a lot. Because of that, I want to know the dimensions so that I can look up the price of appropriate cases, which will be something I'll have to buy as a mandatory "accessory" to the Grandmother.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:24 am

Not a hardshell flight case, but since not everyone needs one, I thought I'd offer this as a possible alternative for transporting and protecting the GM: a Gator G-LCD-TOTE-MDX2.

It's actually a soft case to carry two large LCD screens side-by-side, but the velcro separator pad is easily repositioned for the GM. Only slightly larger than the box the GM came in, there's good padding for protection, and the instrument fits securely in the case. Highly recommended (and I added the Moog sicker that came with the GM for a bit of customization).
Gator Box.jpg
Gator open.jpg
Gator upright.jpg
https://gatorcases.com/products/lcdplas ... tote-mdx2/

Strelok_401

Post by Strelok_401 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:39 am

Okay, thanks for the answer and mini-test of the case! I wasn't looking strictly for a hard shell one, so this will do the trick.

liviou2004

Post by liviou2004 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:47 am

For the third of the GM price, seems to be very expensive yet.