Syncing DFAM to Logic Pro

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
stephei

Syncing DFAM to Logic Pro

Post by stephei » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi All,
I've just bought a DFAM, this is my first experience of semi-modular kit and I am completely mystified as to how I can get it to play in time with Logic Pro. Can anyone offer any advice on the best way to achieve this?
Thanks

mattymel

Re: Syncing DFAM to Logic Pro

Post by mattymel » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:44 pm

Probably looking at getting a Mother 32 and syncing that to a MiDi clock.

redlester

Post by redlester » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:08 am

This is the method I have used to sync with Ableton Live, and I can't see why similar shouldn't work with Logic. In fact I also have Logic as well, so will try myself at some point in the near future.

All it requires is a spare line output on your audio interface, and make sure the cable you connect into Adv/Clock has mono connectors.

https://youtu.be/1k2OcHunKhs

redlester

Post by redlester » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:21 pm

Reviving this old post just to add that I can indeed confirm that the method I linked to in the YouTube video in the post above, which is for Ableton Live, does work with Logic. I replicated the method using the ES1 instead of Ableton's Analog and the EXS24 instead of Simpler, and it works. Have saved it as a Channel Strip preset for when I want to sync the DFAM to Logic in future.

I had to put a Gain utility on the channel and boost the level to around +6 in order to get enough level for it to trigger the DFAM.

Am adding this in case anyone Googles the question in the future.

dtb200

Post by dtb200 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:10 am

Thank you!! Very helpful