Power supply for multiple M32s/DFAMs/Grandmother?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
mattymel

Power supply for multiple M32s/DFAMs/Grandmother?

Post by mattymel » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:11 am

So I’ve reached the (poor me) point where the number of power adaptors I need to lug around/plug into MULTIPLE power strips is kind of a hassle. Is there a power source (similar to Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 or anything similar) that works for M32s/Dfams/Grandmothers?

Many of the guitar pedal supplies have selectable outputs and I’m wondering if anyone else has thought of doing this and elminilating a cluster of tangled cables and lugging around 4-5 different adaptors and the multiple power strips needed to fit them all?

ummagumma

Re: Power supply for multiple M32s/DFAMs/Grandmother?

Post by ummagumma » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:22 pm

that is a good idea!

midouest

Post by midouest » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:50 pm

You can safely power up to two Mother-32/DFAM units on a single Mother-32/DFAM power supply using a daisy chain.

At your own risk: You can actually power up to three units, but only by connecting the third unit after the first two are powered up. The in-rush current is too great to have all three connected during power-on.

Moog recommends that you don't power more than two on a single power supply, but in some of their live streams you can see them powering three using the aforementioned technique.

tendingtropic

Post by tendingtropic » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:29 am

i'm interested in this too, if you can use a guitar pedal supply box with selectable 12v outputs for this
worried about the semi-modulars being center positive though....