Grandmother frimware evolutions suggestions

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
stiiiiiiive

Grandmother frimware evolutions suggestions

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi all.

I've been looking for such a topic without any success. I hope I've done the right search and apologize otherwise.

I don't own any GrandMother but some local users had some ideas I thought it would be interesting to suggest to MoogMusic and to share here. If some og you guys have good ideas to share, feel free to do so.

First off, I think that any hardware upgrade is hard to hope for. I think firmware evolutions through –say- global settings are more akin to happen. Planning to send a mail to MoogMusic some day...

One press transposition.
One of the most wanted feature (to accommodate with the short keyboard) is the possibility to transpose without any button combination. Hence some users stated they would prefer having the transposition management through single press and the sequencer/arpeggiator management through the combinations. They imagined a way to select one or the other configuration on a global setting basis.
They also imagined that a double click on the hold button would toggle on or off the hold function.

Gate retrig.
Another often mentioned wish is to be able to select the retrig mode: either legato or retrig. I think this can be implemented just as on the Voyager Old School, but I’m not sure.

Voilà :)

Canauos

Re: Grandmother frimware evolutions suggestions

Post by Canauos » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:21 am

Thank you for the request.
I totally agree !

Thank you Moog for this great synth. However, it would be really perfect if an update included these options.

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:29 pm

+1 !!

I agree with the single button push options, for transposing

would be nice to be able to use the NOISE as a modulation source, and modulate it too? it appears you can only blend it in at the mixer?

( although I suppose you could take audio from WAVE OUT for each OSC, and solely use the NOISE at the mixer....but then you are sacrificing the whole mixer for just noise )

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:34 am

I guess modulating with the S&H at a very high frequency will have the same effect that modulating with the noise, won't it?

As far as modulating the noise, what would you want to modulate exactly?...

Kevin R.

Post by Kevin R. » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Gate retrigger would be wonderful.

I don't know how but keyboard velocity, since it does have it, should be routable to amplitude. I know that isn't a vintage synth thing but still keyboard velocity is there in the synth already and it's good to be able to use that nuance of musicality.

MaxFerency

Post by MaxFerency » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:05 pm

I've see videos on YouTube where the use the S/H at a high freq as a noise modulator.

I'd also love to see a duo mode capability. That's one of my favorite things about my Sub 37 because you can create some beautifully fat 2 note harmonies!
Max Ferency | http://maxferency.org | max [at] maxferency [dot] org
SYSTEM: macOS & Logic X Pro
GEAR: Matriarch, Sub 37, Korg SV-2, DFAM, MF Drive, MF Delay, MF Boost, Roland RC-202

Kevin R.

Post by Kevin R. » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:18 pm

MaxFerency, duophony would be absolutely wonderful. If that can be done with a firmware update it really should be done.

Captainwampum

Post by Captainwampum » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:00 am

I desperately want the arpeggiator to have more direction options; I hate that up/down repeats the first and last note and would pay money to change it to an exclusive up/down