Grandmother: Stuck notes using MIDI ports but USB Ok

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
zmix

Grandmother: Stuck notes using MIDI ports but USB Ok

Post by zmix » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:18 am

I've been working with a client who recently purchased a Grandmother and we're experiencing stuck notes when using physical MIDI ports, but when using the USB connection, it's fine..

We're using Logic Pro 10.4.1 with an 8-port MOTU MIDI interface. Any keyboard (including the onscreen virtual keyboard) will cause stuck notes almost immediately, sending a simple quarter note pattern from Logic also causes stuck notes.

I've updated the Grandmother firmware and the MOTU MIDI drivers to no avail, we've tested two Grandmothers so far and both have the same issue.

I have examined the signals being sent to the Grandmother using the "MIDI Monitor" app and there is only not on and note off data in the stream, no clock, or realtime messages.

Has anyone here had this issue?

Ghost1970

Re: Grandmother: Stuck notes using MIDI ports but USB Ok

Post by Ghost1970 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:59 pm

Having same problem with this via Mpc1000. You ever figure out?

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:44 am

weird, try contacting MOOG?

I have not tried an external keyboard yet, but am planning to use one at some point. will post results here FYI

burymyteeth

Post by burymyteeth » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:02 pm

HI did you ever get a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same problem, driving me crazy.

burymyteeth

Post by burymyteeth » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:29 pm

zmix wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:18 am I've been working with a client who recently purchased a Grandmother and we're experiencing stuck notes when using physical MIDI ports, but when using the USB connection, it's fine..
Hi just bumping this, as I'm still running into this issue, have you had any luck fixing this?