Grandmother pitch tracking issue

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Man-Machine

Grandmother pitch tracking issue

Post by Man-Machine » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:51 pm

I just got my Moog Grandmother and I'm deciding if I should return it. It has a note pitch tracking issue I don't know what to do about.

It's out of tune on the F note only, specifically the F key notes from about the middle octave and lower. All the other notes around it are tracking pitch just fine. It's very easy to hear this problem when both oscillators are running. Very noticeable beating only on the F notes. I tested it by pressing the keys and sending MIDI notes. I even updated the firmware to 1.02.

Is there anything I can do from my end or is this a hardware issue and I need to return it?

The reverb is not working either. No sound when turning the mix knob. I event patched the oscillator straight into it and used its own output jack, but nothing. The spring maybe got caught somewhere inside. I don't know.

Moog QA :(

Scot Solida

Re: Grandmother pitch tracking issue

Post by Scot Solida » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:10 pm

Sounds like you need to calibrate the pots - something for which you’ll need SYSEX files from Moog. Contact support - mine had some issues and they were very helpful and got me up and running very quickly.