Grandmother Clock In Problem

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
pbotsaris

Grandmother Clock In Problem

Post by pbotsaris » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:56 am

Hi Everyone!

My first post here!

I started having problems with my CLOCK IN and arp rate/clock divider knob in the arpeggiator section.

This was working fine last week, but today when connecting a CLOCK IN, Grandmother is not working/responding properly. Below are the issues:

1. The RATE of the ARP (as well as the blinking LED) is running very slow when compared with the connected CLOCK IN (the CLOCK OUT from Grandmother is also running slower than the CLOCK IN like as it was divided many times)
2. Changing the RATE knob when a CLOCK IN is connected does NOT affect the clock division/multiplication or the ARP at all.
3. When I change the RATE (while a CLOCK IN is connected) it rapidly increases the speed of the arp rate but and then quickly returns to the slow pulsing clock. (a burst of speed change and back as before). The arp clock division, as well as the blinking, LED speed does not change regardless of the position of the RATE knob.

What I have tried:
1. updating the firmware
2. Changing the CLOCK MODE (to default) and CLOCK IN PPQN (to default and tried all options)
Changing the CLOCK IN PPQN does not affect at all the RATE of the ARP.
I Successfully changed CLOCK OUT PPQN to make sure I access correctly the Global Settings ( I heard the clock out pulses to make sure it was changing the division)

Please help! :!:

Walkyp

Re: Grandmother Clock In Problem

Post by Walkyp » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Did you ever resolve this issue?

I have a similar problem where the arp stops responding to external clocks.

I have to unplug the clock and cycle the power on the GM to get sync again.

Not good mid jam....

Ted H

Post by Ted H » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:16 pm

I was able to get the GM's MIDI clock to sync with an external device serving as the master. (disconnected the midi-out cable just to be sure) Perform the Global Settings on page 37, using MIDI Clock Input to "Follow only". Interestingly, when I turn the Rate knob, the Seq/Arp Rate does change, but seems to be in proportion to the external clock. Nice feature if I'm hearing it correctly. :)

kslagerman

Post by kslagerman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:36 pm

I am having the exact same problem with my Matriarch. It's exactly as you described.

Were you ever able to resolve this? I'm trying to sync to a Korg Minilogue XD and / or a Korg Volca Drum.

1. The RATE of the ARP (as well as the blinking LED) is running very slow when compared with the connected CLOCK IN (the CLOCK OUT from Grandmother is also running slower than the CLOCK IN like as it was divided many times)
2. Changing the RATE knob when a CLOCK IN is connected does NOT affect the clock division/multiplication or the ARP at all.
3. When I change the RATE (while a CLOCK IN is connected) it rapidly increases the speed of the arp rate but and then quickly returns to the slow pulsing clock. (a burst of speed change and back as before). The arp clock division, as well as the blinking, LED speed does not change regardless of the position of the RATE knob.