Getting a DFAM and some questions

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
jamesfarrell

Getting a DFAM and some questions

Post by jamesfarrell » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:51 am

Hi all, I'm getting a DFAM and a Minitaur. I'm wondering if there is a way to sync the two as far as clock? I'm new to all this CV stuff and wondering if this is possible and someone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

conspiracytherapist

Re: Getting a DFAM and some questions

Post by conspiracytherapist » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:35 pm

How do you want them synced? That is, do you want the DFAM and Minitaur synced to the same clock source? Or do you want either the DFAM or Minitaur to be your master clock?

The Minitaur can NOT send any clock signal to the DFAM—it does not have CV outputs. You could, however, utilize the DFAM as a master clock and send its TRIGGER OUT to the Minituar's GATE IN. This would trigger the Minitaur's envelopes every time the DFAM sequencer advances a step.

Syncing the Minotaur and DFAM to the same clock source—like your computer or another sequencer—will require CV outs for the DFAM. The Minitaur can be synced via MIDI or USB.

Hope that helps!
Moogs: Voyager, Sub Phatty, Mother-32, DFAM, MF103 Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF105M MuRF, MF107 FreqBox, MF108M Cluster Flux
Music: http://soundcloud.com/conspiracytherapist
Computer: MacBook Pro, Ableton Live 9 + Push 1

jamesfarrell

Re: Getting a DFAM and some questions

Post by jamesfarrell » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:42 pm

HI, thanks for the reply.
I have a couple of uses for these devices.
1. To sync and control the minitaur from my Octatrack MKII
2. To have these two as a completely separate setup and have the DFAM sync clock to the minitaur.

I'm thinking of getting a beat step pro from Arturia, or a Korg SQ-1 which both seem to be able to send clock to both and also sequence the Minitaur