DFAM number of steps

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
andybutler

DFAM number of steps

Post by andybutler » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 am

Is it true that the DFAM sequencer doesn't have a way to change the number of steps?

OK I guess you can make a step so short it doesn't count...but then how can you sync to incoming clock?

jamesfarrell

Re: DFAM number of steps

Post by jamesfarrell » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:40 pm

The response on this forum is just overwhelming :YAWN:

honeyears

Post by honeyears » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:04 am

Yeah, It seems to be stuck on 8 steps. Which makes this thing sort of a one trick pony I guess. I was wondering if there would be a way to chain 2 or 3 DFAMS together to make a potential 16 or 24 step machine? Would make this machine much more legit I think.

Blackryder

Post by Blackryder » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:32 pm

I have yet to hook up any external gear to my DFAM but am going to try using my Roland 104 sequencer w it.... I think the only way to change it's step range is with an external sequencer. I too have been kind of underwhelmed with the features on this machine, but I do LOVE it's sound. I think that external modules are required to really unlock it's potential.

mattymel

Post by mattymel » Wed May 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Agreed. After a few months with my DFAM I have to say I am underwhelmed with its versatility. I’m kind of shocked Moog would put out a product that is SO limited. I mean you can even play anything not on 4/4. And you’re basically stuck with one measure at that. Kind of wish I would have just gotten one more M32 to add to my tier.

Not sure how Moog expects the DFAM to keep up with the sequencer of the M32. Am I missing something?

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Actually, there is a way to do it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BjxQGJjFM0W/
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

dfooks

Re: DFAM number of steps- NO PROB!

Post by dfooks » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:50 pm

The DFAM in my opinion is just great. I use it with a Beat Step Pro. Clock out.... to the ADV/Clock in. Just make sure you have the latest BSP firmware installed and the clock setting should be 1 step. I suppose it can feel limited by itself, but its the live tweek-ability that makes it fun and different. Yes you can sync 2 DFAMs together, which I plan to. However the DFAM currently it has brought new life to my DR-880 drum machine. Now I can mix drum samples with with the DFAM synced to the BSP. You can add delay and get a really nice poly rhythmic feel.
Sub37
MF101
MF102
MF103
CP251