My brain ain’t what I thought it used to be…

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Sculptair

My brain ain’t what I thought it used to be…

Post by Sculptair » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:27 am

I have found the sound of the mother 32 to be exquisite. And with all of the routing possibilities of the patchbay, combined with a second oscillator of another mom 32, it is just titties and cream. The sequencer on the other hand is making me feel older than I want to be...I just can’t seem to remember all of those obscure keypress combinations for recording and editing a sequence... and I just accidentally over wrote some of my favorite sequences. Couldn’t they have added a few more buttons? or some color-coded LEDs to visually repurpose the few buttons that they have based upon the mode that the mom32 is in!? ...what the flip! ...sigh.
Sculptair

CrossModthis

Re: My brain ain’t what I thought it used to be…

Post by CrossModthis » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:26 am

Sculptair wrote:I have found the sound of the mother 32 to be exquisite. And with all of the routing possibilities of the patchbay, combined with a second oscillator of another mom 32, it is just titties and cream. The sequencer on the other hand is making me feel older than I want to be...I just can’t seem to remember all of those obscure keypress combinations for recording and editing a sequence... and I just accidentally over wrote some of my favorite sequences. Couldn’t they have added a few more buttons? or some color-coded LEDs to visually repurpose the few buttons that they have based upon the mode that the mom32 is in!? ...what the flip! ...sigh.
I've had mine for a while, it seems, and I still need to reference the manual all of the time for the sequencer stuff. It's unfortunate that design compromises have to be made in the name of cramming every little last bit of functionality in.

My latest thing is trying to remember which notes I input into the sequencer over the 32 steps. I've started keeping an excel spreadsheet that I enter notes into, lest I forget which note is in step 24 or whatever. I hate using a computer, but man, seeing the piano roll is helpful sometimes.

Sculptair

Re: My brain ain’t what I thought it used to be…

Post by Sculptair » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Whoa... an XL spreadsheet is ambitious, but it sounds like it does the job. Yeah, I'm just resigned to the fact that I won't be manipulating that sequencer in a live setting… which is a damn shame.
Sculptair