Midi Issue - Tested routing successfuly on other devices

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Mild-Forts

Midi Issue - Tested routing successfuly on other devices

Post by Mild-Forts » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi all,

My Mother 32 has arrived today, sounds amazing as i'm sure you all know! However, I'm having a problem with the mother recieving Midi.

It seems that no midi data is being recieved at all. I have tried out a few scenarios which has led me to think this is an issue with the device rather than the routing.

I am running Logic Pro 9 ---> Soundcard ---> Devices (Microkorg / M32). or i have also tried Midi contoller ---> Mother 32

I have tested the routing on my Microkorg and the midi notes / data are being recieevd successfully from my DAW to the MKorg meaning I am getting sound. If I keep everything exactly the same except swap the midi cable from midi in on the MKorg and put it into Midi in on the Mother 32 i get nothing.

I have tried the above scenario with another midi cable and i get the same result. I have also tried sending midi data from my Mkorg into DAW and it is sending data successfully, however sending midi out from Mkorg to Midi in on M32 does not work. Volume is up on the m32 and i can hear sound if i press the notes or program a sequence.

Am i missing something completely obvious? Do i need to do anything to make the Mother recieve Midi (although i thought it was automatic)?

I have double / triple / quadrouple checked my routing and it seems fine to me. Please can someone advise?

Thank you in advance for your help

grenert

Re: Midi Issue - Tested routing successfuly on other devices

Post by grenert » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:42 pm

Maybe they're set for the wrong MIDI channel. The default setting is channel 1 for the M32. Set your keyboard or DAW to transmit on that channel to see if that works (and cycle through all 16 if it doesn't).
Moog stuff: Slim Phatty, Minitaur, Mother-32, Werkstatt x2, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-108M
Running Moog software on Win7 64-bit
Dreams of a Voyager XL some day...