Need help with Moog Mother 32 and MIDI Note On/Off

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
jonspace

Need help with Moog Mother 32 and MIDI Note On/Off

Post by jonspace » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:00 pm

I need some help configuring my Mother 32 and Ableton Live setup. Here is a video of the issue I'm having https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mczZ0Bd_iZw

I don’t think there is anything wrong with my devices as this issue appears on both of my Mother 32’s, so I suspect it’s a configuration issue.
The short version of the problem is this: when using an external MIDI trigger for notes (in this case Ableton Push, but also midi keyboard connected to Ableton), it plays fine for the first minute or so, but then, when I release a midi note, it triggers another note on the “off” message. This is what happens in the video at 0:09. Notice it plays fine at first, and then the midi note off CC seems to be triggering another note on the Mother 32.
When I press “off” on the Mother 32’s sequencer, it stops playing the second note (:25 second in on the video).
After searching online, I turned off the “sync” and “remote” in Ableton’s MIDI Ports setting for the midi interface. (side note, I have two midi interfaces, and they both exhibit this behavior too).
Is there something I need to configure in the Mother 32’s or Ableton to stop this secondary note from creeping in?

jonspace

Re: Need help with Moog Mother 32 and MIDI Note On/Off

Post by jonspace » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:06 pm

I resolved this!

The problem was the MIDI interface. Used a different MIDI interface and it resolved the issue.