Pitch in?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
mmaisterrena

Pitch in?

Post by mmaisterrena » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Am I missing something or is there no way to send pitch trough CV to the Mother 32. Tried VCO 1v/Oct and VCO Lin FM but it will not change the pitch correctly. Im tryin to connect the mother to a Beatstep Pro CV Pitch Out and Gate Out (the gate works fine but not the pitch).

_DemonDan_

Re: Pitch in?

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:49 pm

mmaisterrena wrote:Am I missing something or is there no way to send pitch through CV to the Mother 32. Tried VCO 1v/Oct and VCO Lin FM but it will not change the pitch correctly. I'm tryin to connect the Mother 32 to a Beatstep Pro CV Pitch Out and Gate Out (the gate works fine but not the pitch).
Hi mmaisterrena,

Just curious... why not use MIDI for that?

The BeatStep Pro doesn't easily allow you to sequence microtonal pitches anyway.

And your pitch accuracy will be far more satisfactory using MIDI instead of CV.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:43 pm

mmaisterrena wrote:Am I missing something or is there no way to send pitch trough CV to the Mother 32. Tried VCO 1v/Oct and VCO Lin FM but it will not change the pitch correctly. Im tryin to connect the mother to a Beatstep Pro CV Pitch Out and Gate Out (the gate works fine but not the pitch).
I've had the same problem with Arturia Beatstep products. The CV tracking is just hopeless.

How far off is the tracking exactly?

As for the idiots saying "just use MIDI" just go away.

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:10 am

Actually, MIDI is a great option for any musician that actually wants to make some music. *EDITED OUT* with apologies to the forum.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:51 am

Stevie Ray wrote: As for the idiots saying "just use MIDI" just go away.
You didn't really mean to call _DemonDan_ an idiot, right? He's been one of the most helpful and respected people on these forums. :D