Putting Mother back in her case

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
buzzbuzznyc

Putting Mother back in her case

Post by buzzbuzznyc » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:11 pm

Hallo everybody!
I took the mother out of her case to put into my euro case. Like a true eurocrack addict I've purchased some new modules and now mother has to go back to her enclosure but I can't remember where/which direction the connectors go :shock:
I really don't want to brick it.
Can anyone shed any light?

Stevie Ray

Re: Putting Mother back in her case

Post by Stevie Ray » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi

There are two connectors from the M32 board to the little sub-board (fixed to the case) that does the power in and audio out.

One is a 2-pin power connector (black/green wires) and the other is a 5-pin audio connector (white, black, violet, blue, green wires).

On the underside of the M32 board, the 2-pin power connector is marked as P1 and the audio connector P3.

The sockets on the ends of the cables should only fit one way round and they won't mate with anything else on the boards so you should have no problems.

I have 3 Mother 32s in my 9U 104HP Eurorack case and the problem I have is finding the money to fill up the rest of it!

Steve

rplktr

Post by rplktr » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:41 am

Very nice setup, Steve. What components did you use for power and rails?

Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:02 pm

Thanks rplktr!

I used the new Doepfer PSU3 (plenty of power including 4 Amps on the +5v rail which is great for digital modules). The bus boards are standard Doepfer A-100 ones. The case is by http://www.synthracks.co.uk - they do a very nice range of 6U and 9U 104HP cases in various woods. This one is cherry wood.

The rails come with case but look like standard Doepfer rails with end plates.

EFGould

Post by EFGould » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:08 pm

Thanks Steve. Otherwise a Homer DOH! would have been necessary.
Stevie Ray wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:48 pm

One is a 2-pin power connector (black/green wires) and the other is a 5-pin audio connector (white, black, violet, blue, green wires).

On the underside of the M32 board, the 2-pin power connector is marked as P1 and the audio connector P3.