Cross reference table of Ins to Outs

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
MrNCWilson

Cross reference table of Ins to Outs

Post by MrNCWilson » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:30 am

Hi all, I'm just about to receive my first ever modular synth, the Mother 32 ! And I was thinking that it would be useful to create a table with all the OUTS down the lefthand side of the table and all the INS across the top.

Then on the intersection of each In and Out, I could specify [a] whether a connection between them could be done and whether there's any point.

As I said, I haven't received it yet, so I'm just starting out by using the patch sheets at the end of the manual. An example is on page 54 and shows that the patch 'Sequencer Bass' connects the KB to the VCF Cutoff.

So really my question is this : has anybody done this yet ? I'll be happy to share the results with the community when I'm done. I also intend showing whether each IN can only take a CV signal or an AUDIO signal or both.

jido-genshi

Re: Cross reference table of Ins to Outs

Post by jido-genshi » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:49 pm

MrNCWilson wrote:Hi all, I'm just about to receive my first ever modular synth, the Mother 32 ! And I was thinking that it would be useful to create a table with all the OUTS down the lefthand side of the table and all the INS across the top.

Then on the intersection of each In and Out, I could specify [a] whether a connection between them could be done and whether there's any point.

As I said, I haven't received it yet, so I'm just starting out by using the patch sheets at the end of the manual. An example is on page 54 and shows that the patch 'Sequencer Bass' connects the KB to the VCF Cutoff.

So really my question is this : has anybody done this yet ? I'll be happy to share the results with the community when I'm done. I also intend showing whether each IN can only take a CV signal or an AUDIO signal or both.

I don't think this would be necessary; would be more work than needed. You can pretty much connect any OUT to any IN, it's all about exploring and not over-thinking it. You can even use stackable cables to have two cables coming from an OUT to two different INs. They only thing you shouldn't do is have two stackable cables going into one single INPUT as you can overload it (in a bad way.) Other than that, just explore!

Kandavu

Post by Kandavu » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:38 pm

As I have yet to receive my M-32, I have been doing my due diligence of keeping up to date with M-32 postings & videos here, on Twitter or at Gearslutz. I like to take this opportunity to thank @genshi for all of his generous contributions. Until now, I did not know about what was permissible with stackable cables and what was not. Thanks @genshi :mrgreen:

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:38 am

Kandavu wrote:As I have yet to receive my M-32, I have been doing my due diligence of keeping up to date with M-32 postings & videos here, on Twitter or at Gearslutz. I like to take this opportunity to thank @genshi for all of his generous contributions. Until now, I did not know about what was permissible with stackable cables and what was not. Thanks @genshi :mrgreen:

You're very welcome! I appreciate that! :)