Mother 32 + Minitaur

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
franklinstower

Re: Mother 32 + Minitaur

Post by franklinstower » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:22 pm

Bertotti wrote:I keep searching but still haven't seen any mother 32 and Minitaur videos. I sure hope someone get a good one up soon!

I haven't either, luckily I wont be making my decision for a few months so maybe some demos will get posted. If I see one Ill link it on this thread and hope you will also.

Bertotti

Post by Bertotti » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:50 am

Absolutely will! I am however being tempted by the arp which Korg has kindly knocked 200$ off of for a short time. I need to listen to some more mother demos.

carlotter

Post by carlotter » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:08 am

Got my mother 32 on Friday but haven't had much time to play with it yet, however first impressions are excellent, both in regards to sound and design.
However I haven't been able to pair it with the Minitaur, Keyboard out to CV in, Gate out to Gate in - the gate is working but the pitch is not changing. Do I need to calibrate the Minitaur CV (I had re-calibrated it to work with the Make noise René)?

midilifestyle

Post by midilifestyle » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:28 pm

I don't have a M32, but when I send the Minitaur CV from my voyager, it plays higher than I expect it to (minitaur note ceiling not withstanding). It's been over a year since I've been in the same country as my voyager so I'm not totally sure if it was an octave higher or a fifth higher or what, but I remember doing something funky like only using the second oscillator so I could control its frequency to get it to tune where I needed it to be.

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:59 pm

midilifestyle wrote:I don't have a M32, but when I send the Minitaur CV from my voyager, it plays higher than I expect it to (minitaur note ceiling not withstanding). It's been over a year since I've been in the same country as my voyager so I'm not totally sure if it was an octave higher or a fifth higher or what, but I remember doing something funky like only using the second oscillator so I could control its frequency to get it to tune where I needed it to be.
I think this is corrected by the cv tuning options in the minitaur editor
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

midilifestyle

Post by midilifestyle » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:52 pm

Good to know, thanks

cmh

Post by cmh » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:57 pm

carlotter wrote:Got my mother 32 on Friday but haven't had much time to play with it yet, however first impressions are excellent, both in regards to sound and design.
However I haven't been able to pair it with the Minitaur, Keyboard out to CV in, Gate out to Gate in - the gate is working but the pitch is not changing. Do I need to calibrate the Minitaur CV (I had re-calibrated it to work with the Make noise René)?
Hi carlotter, I am having the same issue. The gate is working, but pitch doesn't change. Did you find a solution to this yet?

Yes!Yes!

Post by Yes!Yes! » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:55 pm

does the cv cable for theminitaur need to be a stereo one? if i put a mono jack halfway the pitch in it works. put not in the righ scale
changing the octave of the sequencer is not changing along

superweird