2 Mothers 2 Separate Outs into Audio Interface?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
mcmullers

2 Mothers 2 Separate Outs into Audio Interface?

Post by mcmullers » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:16 am

Hello to all

Mother 32 will be my first venture into Modular [ Semi :) ] so apologies for the newbie question.

I bought 2 Mothers, each have its individual audio outs, but I am wondering if through patching, I will only need to connect 1 audio out and have the sum of both coming out of the main output. Is this possible?

Thank you to any that takes the time to answer my newbie question

Enjoy your weekend
Adrián

jmcecil

Re: 2 Mothers 2 Separate Outs into Audio Interface?

Post by jmcecil » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:56 am

There is an output called VCA (top right patch point).

This is an audio out taken at the VCA. You can patch that into the External Audio In (top left patch point).

Now both signals are flowing through the 2nd M32. Keep in mind that the 1st signal will be modified by all the settings of the complete 1st M32s path. If you just want the VCO to make module 2 a 2 VCO synth, select either the VCO saw or pulse (3rd row on the right) as the outputs. In this scenario you would want to send pitch and possibly gate to the first module using the KB and Gate outputs respectively.

jmcecil

Post by jmcecil » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:53 am

By the way, I believe if you got really fancy with your patching you could get a high pass/low pass combination.

mcmullers

Post by mcmullers » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:57 pm

Hello jmcecil

Thank you so much for your time, that makes sense and confirms what I was kind of guessing :)

Dont have the M32 yet, probably months till they arraive but already planning the setup.

Have a nice weekend

Adrián