Any Mother-32 Questions?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
_DemonDan_

Re: Any Mother-32 Questions?

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Rehtom wrote:I just bought Mother 32 and i cant make it to receive midi from my Komplete Kontrol S61. Midi OUT from S61 to Midi in Mother 32 but no midi received on the Moog. I realy don't know what to do.
Have you tried the free MIDI Monitor app (Mac) or free MidiOX app (PC) to see exactly what is being sent by your Kontroller?

It will quickly show you if you're sending the wrong MIDI Channel, or not sending the correct MIDI messages.

Without doing that first, everything else is just guessing.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Rehtom wrote:I just bought Mother 32 and i cant make it to receive midi from my Komplete Kontrol S61. Midi OUT from S61 to Midi in Mother 32 but no midi received on the Moog. I realy don't know what to do.
Sorry to ask the obvious, but have you checked the MIDI send and receive channel settings? M32 default is to receive on channel 1. If you are sure you're sending from the S61 and receiving on the M32 on the same channel, and it still doesn't work, try using another MIDI controller/receiver (e.g. a computer) to isolate the problem.

egjanuary

Post by egjanuary » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:18 pm

Can I input 0-10VDC into the MIX 2 without harming the Mother32?
I want to attenuate it.
How would I scale 0-10VDC to -5 - +5VDC?

CrossModthis

Post by CrossModthis » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:56 pm

Possibly stupid question - When using two mothers together and using one to trigger the other for 2 oscillator sounds, i am patching gate out to gate in, and KB out to 1v/oct in. when the octaves and notes are identical, why am I not getting the same note? I have to hunt around on the frequency knob to get where i need to be. It seems like it's always slightly off? When I unplug from the 1v/oct, the kb tracking is obviously not right for all notes, but at least the tuning is correct. Does the KB --> 1v/oct do something to the pitch I don't know about?

MrBoogie

Post by MrBoogie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:04 pm

CrossModthis wrote:Possibly stupid question - When using two mothers together and using one to trigger the other for 2 oscillator sounds, i am patching gate out to gate in, and KB out to 1v/oct in. when the octaves and notes are identical, why am I not getting the same note? I have to hunt around on the frequency knob to get where i need to be. It seems like it's always slightly off? When I unplug from the 1v/oct, the kb tracking is obviously not right for all notes, but at least the tuning is correct. Does the KB --> 1v/oct do something to the pitch I don't know about?
It is an analog system. The only thing that is guaranteed with regard to 1v/oct is the voltage difference, not absolute voltage. The absolute voltage will of course be somewhere around +/- 5v, but may differ slightly from instrument to instrument. So the KB out voltage of the first, does not necessarily match the internal 1v/oct voltage of the second. It still tracks one octave per volt, but at a different tone since absolute voltages differ. So you'll have to tune the second oscillator to this new 1v/oct source.

dinraum

Post by dinraum » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:43 am

What size are the sliding nuts of the mothers case? I want to add some modules in an empty m32 case. I read that they are m2,5 size but I think it should be m3?

amook11

Post by amook11 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 pm

my question is about sequencer : is it possible to to copy a page's pattern and paste it into the next page .
for example i want the same pattern that is stored in (1-8) copied and pasted into (9-16) .
thanks.

Banquet

Post by Banquet » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi all,

First time post from me - just bought a Mother 32 and enjoying using it so far.

I'm having a problem with midi sync. I have been able to set my DAW (Cubase 9.5 pro) to either send midi sync or not depending if I want to use the sequencer, or just play the Mother 32 like a normal hardware synth. However, when I sync the midi, the Mother 32 starts playing and the Tempo light flashes green. So far so good. Problem happens when I turn the temp knob, which I understand should now function like a clock divider. It doesn't - the light goes red and the sequencer goes out of sync. I've searched the internet but can't find an answer.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could help as the sequencer plays way to fast and I can't slow it down without losing sync.

Banquet

Post by Banquet » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:26 pm

Just to say, I found the answer to my question. I hadn't got sysex enabled for midi through.

Sculptair

Post by Sculptair » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:47 am

Banquet wrote:Just to say, I found the answer to my question. I hadn't got sysex enabled for midi through.
You enabled Sysex for a midi through on what device?

Both of my mother 32s ignore midi clock and their tempo knobs flash red at whatever their respective tempo Settings are.
Sculptair

klarrrro

Post by klarrrro » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:56 am

please can anybody explain in detail how do i savea sequence i ve been working on?

Sculptair

Post by Sculptair » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:10 pm

klarrrro wrote:please can anybody explain in detail how do i savea sequence i ve been working on?
Page 26 of the user manual States...

To Save a pattern, hold (SHIFT)+RUN/STOP for one second. An Octave/Location LED will rapidly blink green indicating the current destination for saving.
To Save in the current location, simply press (SHIFT)+RUN/STOP.
To Save in a new location within the current bank, use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to select Pattern location 1-8. NOTE: You can also hold (SHIFT) and press one of the eight corresponding pattern location buttons.
SELECT BANK
To Save a pattern in a different bank (1-8), press and hold (BANK). The current bank will be lit green. While holding (BANK), use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to select a new bank. When (BANK) is released,
the current pattern location will be indicated with a green blinking LED.
NOTE: You can also hold (BANK) and press one
of the eight corresponding pattern location buttons.
Sculptair

Yiorgos

Post by Yiorgos » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:37 pm

Is there any correct way to plug the mother 32 into the power socket? Does it matter if I first connect the cable to the unit and then to the power outlet or if I do the opposite. I now have the power cable all the time connected to the outlet and when I want to use the m32 I just plug it in.

The reason I am asking is because I know that there are some high end analog equipment like tube amplifiers that should always connected in a specific way: unit first and then to the wall power outlet.

thanks.

Glitch Patcher

Post by Glitch Patcher » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi all

I posted a vid of how you can get a filter kick, snare, bass line and melody all programmed into one M32 sequence and doesn't tie up the LFO. hopefully helps some people get into this awesome synth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG2N6cQ ... Ar&index=2

Gobi

Post by Gobi » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:54 pm

I can not make Midi work- wanted to connect a simple controller keyboard, both on cannel 1, but nope, now sound. What could be wrong?