Tips/Tutorial Recommendations for Recording My Matriarch

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
mousequeen1013

Tips/Tutorial Recommendations for Recording My Matriarch

Post by mousequeen1013 » Fri May 06, 2022 5:21 pm

Hi Everyone!
Does anyone have recommendations for good tutorials (like beginner-friendly youtube videos) on recording a Matriarch with Logic Pro X via a Scarlett 2i2? That's my setup right now, and I'm such a newbe on the tech interface side of this that I'm a bit overwhelmed!
I have found a few videos that were helpful, and have done a little bit with moderate success, but I can't seem to find any videos or tutorials yet that walk through my exact setup. Surely I can't be the only one out there with a Matriarch, Logic Pro X (run on a Macbook pro), and Scarlett 2i2, right? I do so much better when the equipment in a tutorial matches mine exactly so I don't have to "translate" anything, but I'll take whatever recommendations you guys have!
Is anyone else on this forum working with this setup who may have more experience???

Thanks!

Möög

Re: Tips/Tutorial Recommendations for Recording My Matriarch

Post by Möög » Sun May 15, 2022 10:47 pm

i have focusrite clarett + and cubase 12. and it is the same for each daw only different layout ect.

step 1: install your daw and interface with the latest drivers
step 2 does this
https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/ ... Windows-10
Step 3: for Windows to work properly
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/windows- ... de-part-1/
step 4: read the synth / audio manual about its TS mono or TRS balanced / unbalanced cable you can use for your synth and audio interface. buy a cable that has the data contained in the text of the manual for outputs and inputs. it is normally a line cable if it is a synth.
step 5: reduce all volume knobs to zero on synth and audio interface.
step 6; set your interface to line level where you should connect your synth if it is in the manual. it says in the manual how.
step 7: check that all volume knobs are down before starting the interface and then start the interface and synth.
step 8: set midi in daw and synth. one for in and one for out. say midi channels 2 and 3. read the manual how to.
step 9: create a midi channel that you have for data in and out.
and an audio channel in daw to record audio.
step 10: it's a slightly different setting. but genetically you want it to sound when you press, or to play when you have a midi file. what you need to do is put the midi in channel 2 and out to out, and put it in monitor mode to hear. the same goes for midi. and to record utaan polling and jitter problems, enter daw in delay compensation. and check that the settings are correct in daw based on the manual

so

make sure that daw and hardware have the same midi channel, it is best if you have a midi channel for in and one out.
make sure the audio interface / Daw is Master and other equipment slave.
make sure to create a midi channel with the right midi port in daw for in and out, name it the synth. have the midi channel on monitoring to be able to pass on the data.
create an audio channel with midi synth in and main audio or to a bus. and press record :)

I have a problem with the volume from the matriarch is low when all controls are up to 100% on synth and interface. do not understand what it is. while other synths work.