Moog Grandmother Midi In - lights blinking, no sound

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
wrlmuzik

Moog Grandmother Midi In - lights blinking, no sound

Post by wrlmuzik » Sun May 31, 2020 7:51 pm

Hello,

This is my first post on the forum- I am sending MIDI from an Eloquencer EME (Modular interface- CV to Midi) to the Grandmother's MIDI In - I have assigned the proper Midi Channel receive on the Grandmother, and sending MIDI info out from the Eloquencer EME same channel--- notes are playing and the midi light is beeping on the Grandmother, as well as Midi output from the EME, but Grandmother is not making any sound. What am i missing?

ummagumma

Re: Moog Grandmother Midi In - lights blinking, no sound

Post by ummagumma » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:36 am

try turning on the sequencer & holding some keys down?

it should at least play in sync with your MIDI clock

if that works, it indicates a routing/software problem sending the notes to GM, I suspect?

Schlabadiwutz

Post by Schlabadiwutz » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:55 pm

I´m having the same/similar problem. Sending midi from Logic Pro X to Grandmother, midi light is blinking but no sound is produced in grandmother and so nothing comes out of the audio out on grandmother.

Richard deHove

Post by Richard deHove » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:57 pm

The latest Moog gear in general seems to have a lot of MIDI issues. Perhaps their MIDI team needs some new talent.

jonspace

Post by jonspace » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:43 am

It could be a mismatched MIDI channel. It took me a few tries at setting the MIDI channel since Moog won't give us any kind of software global settings editor. The using-the-keys-to-menu-dive thing makes it easy to make errors since you have no indicators to show what you've selected.

Schlabadiwutz

Post by Schlabadiwutz » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:32 pm

Thanks, I checked the midi input channels and that should be fine. Still no audio output.

Twinkiebus

Post by Twinkiebus » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:08 am

I’m also curious about syncing my grandmother using midi. I currently have this chain: Roland TR-707 > Roland TR-09 > Roland TB-03. All of them are syncing fine and up to date with the latest firmware.
I tried syncing my grandmother at the end of the chain but nothing. The midi LED in back also does not light up. I also updated the firmware on my grandmother the other day, but still nothing.
I’ve also double checked all of my connections and midi settings in the other units and it all checks out.
Also ideas??

jonspace

Post by jonspace » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:31 pm

Has anyone resolved this yet? I am having the same issue with my Moog Matriarch. Trying to do simply MIDI sequencing. I have it and can see it in Logic. It's receiving MIDI but not playing back any audio with MIDI.

jameshays

Post by jameshays » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:42 pm

Same boat here. Running logic and have midi to the grandmother via midi thru on my ob-6. Light is blinking on midi in port on grandmother but no sound. Any update to this? I also just updated the firmware.