Matriarch Issues

Tabletop Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizers
Post Reply
Deva
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:48 am

Matriarch Issues

Post by Deva » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:13 am

Hi Peeps...

Had a Matriarch for 4 days now. I'm so loving this synth! Incredible sounds!

I do have a couple issues.

First, if I plug cables into the second Attenuator, then the first Attenuator controls filter cutoff (no cables in the first Attenuator at all). Weird issue... check a number of times and turned the synth off and back on and the issue is unchanged.

Second, if I plug in a sustain pedal and hold the pedal down and play a series of notes, only some of the notes trigger.

User avatar
_DemonDan_
Posts: 1244
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: Matriarch Issues

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:39 am

Deva wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:13 am
If I plug cables into the second Attenuator, then the first Attenuator controls filter cutoff (no cables in the first Attenuator at all). Weird issue... check a number of times and turned the synth off and back on and the issue is unchanged.
I don't have one in front of me, but I recall that there's a default behavior that passes the output of Attenuator 1 into Attenuator 2 if there's nothing connected to the Input of Attenuator 2.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

User avatar
_DemonDan_
Posts: 1244
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: Matriarch Issues

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:42 am

Deva wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:13 am
If I plug in a sustain pedal and hold the pedal down and play a series of notes, only some of the notes trigger.
I think that may have to do with which Voice Mode you're using, and what Note Priority type is chosen.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Deva
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Matriarch Issues

Post by Deva » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:13 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:42 am
Deva wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:13 am
If I plug in a sustain pedal and hold the pedal down and play a series of notes, only some of the notes trigger.
I think that may have to do with which Voice Mode you're using, and what Note Priority type is chosen.
It is default which is last note played... notes should play every time

Deva
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Matriarch Issues

Post by Deva » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:18 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:39 am
Deva wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:13 am
If I plug cables into the second Attenuator, then the first Attenuator controls filter cutoff (no cables in the first Attenuator at all). Weird issue... check a number of times and turned the synth off and back on and the issue is unchanged.
I don't have one in front of me, but I recall that there's a default behavior that passes the output of Attenuator 1 into Attenuator 2 if there's nothing connected to the Input of Attenuator 2.
Yes... It is working as it should... just it was unexpected

Deva
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Matriarch Issues

Post by Deva » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:23 pm

I've had an issue where I use the Tap Tempo for the Arp/Seq and then when I turn it off, the speed of the Arp/Seq is too fast until I turn it off and back on.

Post Reply