Little Sequence Demo

System 55 • System 35 • Model 15
analogmonster

Re: Little Sequence Demo

Post by analogmonster » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:45 am

VCO wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:26 pm I think the reason moog doesn’t sell thier modules separately is because they want to sell thier complete modular systems to people. It makes them a lot more money I would think.
Yes, I also think that. The whole is considered as more valuable than the sum of the individual components. It is a psychological trick to "encourage" customers to spend more money :wink:
VCO wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:26 pm Some of those modular systems rival the cost of some grand pianos. The Keith Emerson Moog Modular is close to the price of a Steinway model D which I think goes for around
$175,000 dollars.
Holy sh$t!!! I did not know that :shock: :shock: :shock:
VCO wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:26 pm Grand pianos and Moog Modular’s would be manufactured in small numbers and have a very small market. I use to sell grand pianos back in the day and they were hard to move. Mostly music schools, studios, orchestras and affluent people purchased them. The grand piano market has been diminishing for years in the USA. I would think in some ways modular would be just as bad. Although in Europe there does seem to be an interest in electronica and EDM
Music so maybe eurorack would still do alright.
I personally don't like Eurorack. I tested that and I found out that these bogey knobs are much to small for my stubby fingers :evil: I prefer big machines where you have to raise your neck to see everything :P My wall of knobs!
VCO wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:26 pm .... I have champagne tastes but a beer budget. LOL take care and tell your family
aufmerksamkeit Schnell Arbbeit. Take care.
Then you must visit Germany :lol: Millions of beer products, and the european neighbours as well :) One of my favorites is the french "Wel Scotch" which is made with peat-smoked whisky malt from the Scottish Highlands. Delicious, but shoots you out of your shoes if you drink a certain amount of it 8) 8) 8)
VCO wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:41 pm Do you belong to the mod wiggler forum? I cant remember if you did. If you don’t possibly that would be a good place to advertise your modules. I went and looked at your workshop. It’s cool but way over my head LOL. I’m just a jazz piano player that has a moog voyager.
Yes I am. I offered my 960 sequencer clone, but sold only two boards and two microcontrollers.