CP11

System 55 • System 35 • Model 15
TheDigitalMan

CP11

Post by TheDigitalMan » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:03 pm

Hi and sorry for the stupid question. I've been having a lot of fun playing and exploring the Moog Model 10. I've been playing it via a midi to CV device (Erica Synths Black MIDI/CV V2) that is working well for me.

I'm wondering what the Controller Outputs 1 & 2 are used for. I suspect would be for the keyboard that was made for it but am curious. I've so far not used these nor found what they are for.

On a side note, it is too bad the the super cool book that came with the 10 it's really for it but the 15 (I believe). I guess there was never a 'manual' produced for the 10.

Anyhow, thanks in advance for any insights.

JohnLRice

Re: CP11

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:29 am

Hi,

Taking a look at the Erica Synths Black MIDI/CV V2 online I don't see any outputs labeled "Controller Outputs 1 & 2" , are you talking about a different module? Or are you talking about the CLK and MOD outputs?

The CLK output will provide analog clocks if your MIDI device generates MIDI Clock. Typically hardware MIDI sequencers, computer DAW sequencers, MIDI drum machines, and keyboards that have arpeggiators, etc. will generate MIDI Clock but usually there are settings that allow or disable transmitting or receiving MIDI Clocks.

The MOD output will output CV in relation to the movements of the modulation wheel on a MIDI keyboard or key velocity can be assigned instead.

What MIDI keyboard are you using?
John L Rice
MiniMoog, MinitMoog, MG-1, Sub Phatty, 5U modulars, Eurorack modulars

analogmonster

Post by analogmonster » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:41 am

The controller outputs of the CP11 seem to route note events from a duphone Moog keyboard (953, probably plugged in on the back side) to the module front, probably to concatenate Moog compatible synths in the sense of the Moog style of note events, meaning S-Trigger events and pitch voltages. I think this is important only if you plug in an original 953 keyboard (or you hack the duphone port on the backside, if there is any :twisted: (not really recommended)).

Is just theory, as I am not owner of a Moog Model 10 :?

TheDigitalMan

Post by TheDigitalMan » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:28 am

Thx for the response John and sorry to not be clear on my question. I added the Erica Synths Black MIDI/CV V2 info to explain how I am triggering the 10 but my question was about the CP11 Controller Outputs 1 & 2. The Erica works great and exactly as you describe.

Thanks analogmonster - this is what I've been thinking as well, just wondered if there was another purpose that maybe I hadn't thought of.