Synthisizers.com model 22

System 55 • System 35 • Model 15
VCO

Re: Synthisizers.com model 22

Post by VCO » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:51 pm

You should play that Minimoog that your friend gifted to you. It’s so awesome of a mono synth. The keyboard action on my voyager is my most favorite synth action. I received a Christmas present. I’m now the owner of an oberhiem OBX8 . It’s surreal that I have one. I don’t know what the pricing is like in Germany for a Minimoog but it’s $5000 dollars in the USA. So now I have a analog poly synth again. My first analog poly synth was a oberhiem OBXA
that I bought years ago for $500 dollars used. So fast forward 37 years later I have my second oberhiem poly synth. And the cost is 10 times the amount I paid for the used OBXA back in the day. The prices that vintage OBXAs go for are astronomical. I wish I still had my sequential pro1 and OBXA , although I don’t know how well they would be holding up due to age. That sequential circuits pro1, that’s what sequential used to call themselves before they got thier name back would be 43 years old. Hope things are going well. Wonder what doctor Frankenstein has been up to in his laboratory as of late. Maybe you could clone a Moog Modular System 35 this time LOL. Take care.

analogmonster

Post by analogmonster » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:08 am

VCO wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:35 am You can hear the moog modular drifting in the intro right before the singing of the first line here comes the sun...
Yes, I heard that.
VCO wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:04 am ...I think it said it cost about 15,000 dollars if I remember right and said would be over 100,000 now....
That is crazy.
VCO wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:26 am That moog 3P cost about 7,985 in 1969. I think I miss quoted the cost before. Moog reissued it and today it cost 35,000.
Only 40 were made.
That is crazy as well, and stupid that it is a limited edition.
VCO wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:51 pm You should play that Minimoog that your friend gifted to you. It’s so awesome of a mono synth...
I did. And you are right. I cloned the oscillators, as already mentioned.

Take care as well

VCO

Post by VCO » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:17 pm

I sent a reply to your email hopefully I did it right . It’s difficult for me to see so I can’t always be sure if I reply or post correctly.

analogmonster

Post by analogmonster » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:22 am

VCO wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:17 pm I sent a reply to your email hopefully I did it right . It’s difficult for me to see so I can’t always be sure if I reply or post correctly.
It worked, I got it. :wink:

VCO

Post by VCO » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:06 pm

Here’s your first lesson. In western music we use what is called the twelve tone temperament. Bach came up with this.
Each of the twelve half steps are equal to 100 cents. So each key on a keyboard black or white is a half step. There are 7 sharp keys and seven flat keys and one key without sharps or flats, which is C Major. If I asked you to spell a C Major
scale you would say CDEFGABC. That’s seven different notes plus the octave. Basically we start the order of the notes all over when we get to the second C which is the octave. There is what we call the circle of fifths in music. C=1 D=2 E=3
F=4 G=5 A=6 B=7 C=8 These letters or notes are actually frequencies but we simplify it with just letters are assigned to what we call an interval quality. There are four interval qualities. Perfect,Major,Minor,Augmented.Diminished. They are assigned to each of those 8 Notes or Letters. The distance between two notes or letters is called an interval. So there are
Twelve keys . In theory theres 15 but that’s because in western music we can spell a scale sometimes with sharps, sometimes with flats. A Db and a C# are the same note but are spelled different one with a sharp, one with a flat. Thier what we call enharmonic, same note on the keyboard but spelled with different accidentals. accidentals are either sharps or flats. In major scale quality’s ones,fours,fives,and eights are called perfect qualities. twos, threes,sixes,sevens
are called Major quality’s. All major scales follow these interval quality assignments. If I said C is your starting note, the lowest note of the scale is called the tonic or root, go up a perfect 5th you would land on the note or letter G. C to G is called an interval of a perfect 5th. So C to D is a major second, C to E is a major3rd, C to F is a major 4th C to G is a perfect 5th, C to A is a major 6th. c to B is a major 7th, C to C is a perfect octave. We are moving left to right in the scale.
Starting note and ending note. You can also move right to left to identify intervals. There are simple and compound intervals. When you go up an octave you add seven to the lower number. So ones become eights,twos become nines,
Threes become tenths fours become elevens, fives become twelfth s, sixes become thirteens sevens become fourteens.
Whatever the quality of the note or letter it’s assigned retains the same quality up an octave. So for example
A perfect C1 up an octave C8 it still perfect because ones, fours,fives,eights are perfect whether thier simple or a compound interval. A D2 which is major up an octave is a major ninth. P1=P8, P2=P9,Maj3=Maj 10th,P4=P11,P5=P12,Maj6=Maj13,Maj7=Maj14th etc. I said there where four interval qualities and I have only explain perfect and minor. The two qualities left are aug mentee and diminished. There is something called interval conversion where an assigned interval quality changes relative to if it’s raised or lowered. I’ll explain that in the next lesson. I still have to teach you how to spell all fifteen major scales. Take care. If you have any questions just ask. I’m sorry if I used this modular topic and diverted into another subject matter I was just having trouble with responding via email. That’s how I’ll try to send you lessons from now on. Take care

VCO

Post by VCO » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:36 pm

Just remember this saying. Fat cats get dizzy after eating birds. This is how I remember the order of the seven sharp keys and
What interval the sharp falls on relative to the scale. You always go up a half step from the accidental so F# up a half step is the key of G Major. GABCDEF#G is the G Major scale. The F# iin the G major scale is called a major seventh interval because of the assigned interval quality’s I taught you in the first lesson. identical to the key of C Major except the key of G Major has one accidental and it’s a sharp that falls on a major seven interval. One sharp is G Major, two sharps= D major,three sharps-A major, four sharps-E major,five sharps=Bmajor,six sharps=F#major, seven sharps=C#
Major. That’s enough for now don’t want to confuse you take care.

analogmonster

Post by analogmonster » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:40 am

Thanks for Lesson 1 and 2. I will try the intervals on my modular. Looking forward to the next lessons via email.