DFAM trigger gate properties

System 55 • System 35 • Model 15
Ruths138

DFAM trigger gate properties

Post by Ruths138 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:04 am

Hi everyone!

Until now I have been syncing my DFAM through CV-Tools in Ableton.
My favorite way of doing this is by using a clock source on RUN/STOP (CV-Clock Out) and then a separate "rhythmic" gate on TRIGGER (i.e. any drum pattern generator) which allows me to extend the sequence to as many bars as I like.

Now I have bought an Arturia MiniBrute 2S which can send several gate signals, making it a great companion to the DFAM.
As in Ableton I want to use the clock of the MiniBrute to sync the DFAM and then send gates to the trigger.

Now I am noticing that the gate is not activating the trigger but interestingly the same signal will advance the sequencer when plugged into RUN/STOP

So basically:
Gate -> Trigger = DFAM does not respond / i.e no sound
Gate -> RUN/STOP = DFAM sequencer silently moves in the pattern of the gate

the DFAM manual says that both inputs accept a 0V - 5V Gate (+10V Tolerant)

Can anyone explain the difference to me? Why does the trigger not react to the same gate that RUN/STOP reacts to?

Thanks for your time! Excited to hear your discussion!

MRNUTTY

Re: DFAM trigger gate properties

Post by MRNUTTY » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:23 pm

Hi,

Trigger input will only cycle the envelope generators. It will not advance the sequencer or any other state changes.

Adv/clock input will advance the sequencer only if the sequencer is in run mode.
VoyagerEB, Minitaur, LittlePhattyII, 4xSlimPhatty, Sub37, MF[2x101,2x102,103,104M,105,105B,105M,2x107,108M], 3xCP251, XV351, MP201;
2xMother 32, DFAM, Subharmonicon;
System 55 and Minimoog clones with lots of mods.