Visualize OSC/LFO speed with led

System 55 • System 35 • Model 15
Dayvi

Visualize OSC/LFO speed with led

Post by Dayvi » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:50 am

Long story short, I cloned a Moog Modular and its working great.

I saw moon and synth.com Oscillators have a LED that pulses to the frequency the osc is set to. This is only useful in the lfo mode…
Has someone any schematics or ideas how to make that happen? I tried a transistor schematic that uses the pulse output to visualize the speed, but in an lfo setting you cannot really tell how fast the lfo is because the led switches only from on to off, a better way would be to follow the sine or triangle. Also the sub37 does this on the lfo's.
I found several stuff with 555 timers or microcontroller but this is nothing I can use, because I don’t want a led pulse in with a fixed frequency.
I also visualized the lfo with a simple transistor schematic and a led, which worked very well. But for the OSC this is not working.

Should this thread be a problem because of the DIY aspect, please remove it. But I think it should be ok, because there is also some other DIY talk in this forum.

Thanks,
Dayvi
Moog Sub 37 - Mac OS X 10.11.3 - Logic Pro X 10.2.2 - Universal Audio Apollo 8

noddyspuncture

Re: Visualize OSC/LFO speed with led

Post by noddyspuncture » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:17 pm

Dayvi wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:50 am Long story short, I cloned a Moog Modular and its working great.
Wow...!
Do you have photos..?
Please share, would love to see your Modular Moog clone...!