Moog Grandmother as Moog Modular Controller

System 55 • System 35 • Model 15
musicalnyc

Moog Grandmother as Moog Modular Controller

Post by musicalnyc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Anyone planning to use the new Moog Grandmother as a modular controller for their Moog Modular? Looks like an interesting way to integrate some other features similar to what I've seen some do with a Voyager XL or CP-251.

ummagumma

Re: Moog Grandmother as Moog Modular Controller

Post by ummagumma » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:44 pm

makes sense to me!

ShaneP

Post by ShaneP » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:57 am

Thats actually a great idea. Come to think of it. its quiet a good idea. Ill try to implement it.

thedangore

Post by thedangore » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Yeah, I think it'll be a great tool in the arsenal! What's your modular setup like? What would you like to do with the Grandmother? Only downside I can think of (if you consider this one) is the cables needing to all be 1/8" to 1/4" conversions to interconnect from Grandmother to Modular. I am personally using the Voyager XL as mine, specifically for this reason.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:50 am

thedangore wrote:Yeah, I think it'll be a great tool in the arsenal! What's your modular setup like? What would you like to do with the Grandmother? Only downside I can think of (if you consider this one) is the cables needing to all be 1/8" to 1/4" conversions to interconnect from Grandmother to Modular. I am personally using the Voyager XL as mine, specifically for this reason.
The Voyager is the best choice here, IMO, as it already has 1/4" interface jacks. Add a VX-351 CV Interface and you have the full compliment of I/O. A Voyager XL has a great 1/4" patch panel as well.

As for the GM, I've found the easiest thing to do is get a handful of these 1/4" to 3.5mm cables:

https://hosatech.com/products/analog-au ... s/cmp-300/

:D