Unlisted Werkstatt Building Video

Everything Werkstatt.
Post Reply
User avatar
_DemonDan_
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Unlisted Werkstatt Building Video

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:00 am

Hi Gang,

Here's an unlisted YouTube version of my Werkstatt DIY build featuring an uninterrupted downward camera shot from the beginning to the end of the build:

https://youtu.be/-WXFFxAZ0aQ
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

User avatar
ummagumma
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:37 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Unlisted Werkstatt Building Video

Post by ummagumma » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:36 pm

Holy crap, I can't even brew a cup of coffee that fast!

:D

didn't realize there was no soldering involved

kn_s
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:07 am
Location: paoli, pa
Contact:

Re: Unlisted Werkstatt Building Video

Post by kn_s » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:22 pm

Ha, nice one!! the bigger question since you are "in the know" will the newer cv expander be available separately?? having already purchased the older version many, many moons ago for my 2014 vintage build of the werkstatt.
LP solar, minitaur, m32, werkstatt, 101/102/103/104m/105m/107/108m,cp-251,mf delay v1&2+drivev2, microkorg, monologue, volcas, monotribe & trons, sq-1, too many pedals!, guitars, '07 imac (10.11.6), simmons sds7, & now eurocrack, etc...

User avatar
MrBlue
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:54 pm
Location: Burgundy France
Contact:

Re: Unlisted Werkstatt Building Video

Post by MrBlue » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:49 am

04:47.42 You were in shape! :mrgreen:
La musique c'est de l'émotion en suspension dans l'espace et le temps - un ami d'Albert !
illustrasons

coolout
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: Unlisted Werkstatt Building Video

Post by coolout » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:07 am

kn_s wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:22 pm Ha, nice one!! the bigger question since you are "in the know" will the newer cv expander be available separately?? having already purchased the older version many, many moons ago for my 2014 vintage build of the werkstatt.
According to Moog, the new CV expander isn't compatible with the old 2014 Werkstatt. They changed the 2020 version slightly and added a proper GATE IN. You now don't have to go in and overload the GATE OUT or do a PCB mod for proper gate input. Basically the 2020 version plays with external keyboards/sequencers better out-of-the-box, but you no longer have GATE OUT from the built-in keyboard. I don't think anyone will miss that, so smart move on Moog's part.

kn_s
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:07 am
Location: paoli, pa
Contact:

Re: Unlisted Werkstatt Building Video

Post by kn_s » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:30 pm

coolout wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:07 am
kn_s wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:22 pm Ha, nice one!! the bigger question since you are "in the know" will the newer cv expander be available separately?? having already purchased the older version many, many moons ago for my 2014 vintage build of the werkstatt.
According to Moog, the new CV expander isn't compatible with the old 2014 Werkstatt. They changed the 2020 version slightly and added a proper GATE IN. You now don't have to go in and overload the GATE OUT or do a PCB mod for proper gate input. Basically the 2020 version plays with external keyboards/sequencers better out-of-the-box, but you no longer have GATE OUT from the built-in keyboard. I don't think anyone will miss that, so smart move on Moog's part.

well that stinks!
LP solar, minitaur, m32, werkstatt, 101/102/103/104m/105m/107/108m,cp-251,mf delay v1&2+drivev2, microkorg, monologue, volcas, monotribe & trons, sq-1, too many pedals!, guitars, '07 imac (10.11.6), simmons sds7, & now eurocrack, etc...

coolout
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: Unlisted Werkstatt Building Video

Post by coolout » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:33 pm

kn_s wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:30 pm
coolout wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:07 am
kn_s wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:22 pm Ha, nice one!! the bigger question since you are "in the know" will the newer cv expander be available separately?? having already purchased the older version many, many moons ago for my 2014 vintage build of the werkstatt.
According to Moog, the new CV expander isn't compatible with the old 2014 Werkstatt. They changed the 2020 version slightly and added a proper GATE IN. You now don't have to go in and overload the GATE OUT or do a PCB mod for proper gate input. Basically the 2020 version plays with external keyboards/sequencers better out-of-the-box, but you no longer have GATE OUT from the built-in keyboard. I don't think anyone will miss that, so smart move on Moog's part.

well that stinks!
Luckily the Werkstatt is pretty cheap. You could sell your old one, then get a 2020 for not much more than the CV expander would have cost.

kn_s
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:07 am
Location: paoli, pa
Contact:

Re: Unlisted Werkstatt Building Video

Post by kn_s » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:38 pm

true?? although i think i only paid about $40 for the expander??? but tbh i'd rather just buy more eurorack modules and keep my original version for its own voice esp since it's #393 of the original run?? call me weird but having been a guitar player that strayed from the path and always wanting certain sounds and finally getting said sounds out of said instruments you get attached??? it's staying eventhough i am rather bummed they changed things
LP solar, minitaur, m32, werkstatt, 101/102/103/104m/105m/107/108m,cp-251,mf delay v1&2+drivev2, microkorg, monologue, volcas, monotribe & trons, sq-1, too many pedals!, guitars, '07 imac (10.11.6), simmons sds7, & now eurocrack, etc...

Post Reply