WS Envelope Decay/Release Response is my favorite

Everything Werkstatt.
toryjames

WS Envelope Decay/Release Response is my favorite

Post by toryjames » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:25 pm

The shape of the Werkstatt's decay/release envelope is my favorite. I have been searching for another envelope generator that has a similar slow-release sounding tail but have not been successful. I thought the Make Noise Maths might be versatile enough to do it but it was not. I imagine it's the simplicity of the Werkstatt's A/D circuit. Is it simply the shape of a discharging capacitor? I noticed it when I played it alongside the Minitaur and Mother-32, very different sounding. Are there any envelope generators you folks might recommend? I know, I could just buy more Werkstatts.

stiiiiiiive

Re: WS Envelope Decay/Release Response is my favorite

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:17 am

A little off-topic yet related…
I haven’t played any Werkstatt but I guess you’re right when stating it may be due to the simple design and to the discharge of a capacitor.
I myself had the same thought about the glide: I much prefer the vintage-y exponential glide rather than the modern linear one. I remember I was glad to see the option on the Sub 37 when it was announced. I finally kept my LP for other reasons but would love to have that possibility.