wonky expansion board, no eg?

Everything Werkstatt.
BrianMadigan

wonky expansion board, no eg?

Post by BrianMadigan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:42 pm

I have been using the werkstatt as a second osc and mod source for things like Mother 32 and Korg's new MS-20 mini. I have the CV expansion board installed KIND OF, it's not very stable and requires some pushing and rocking occasionally to work. I need to make a custom panel for the thing so I can eurorack it.
The other issue I'm seeing is nothing coming from the EG. I can't get the EG to modulate anything. I should probably hook up a scope and see what's going on, but I think the EG only works when the keyboard is triggering it. Is that right or is there a way to externally trigger the eg?
:)
I still need to calibrate the thing.

nathanscribe

Re: wonky expansion board, no eg?

Post by nathanscribe » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:10 am

Two things trigger the envelope: 1) a button push on the Werkstatt's own keyboard, 2) an external gate. You can hook up a positive voltage to the Gate Out on the header, which doubles as an input because Moog didn't include a true Gate Input.

I did a mod for this, link in my sig if you're interested. Lack of a true Gate In is a problem but you don't need it for use purely as a 2nd VCO in a larger system. All your dynamics will be controlled elsewhere. I use mine as a 2nd VCO in a modular setup and just take the raw VCO out from the Moog into the filter on my other synth. Works fine, tracks well.