Werkstatt+EHX 8 Step program= Moog Mother 32?

Everything Werkstatt.
Patch_adams

Re: Werkstatt+EHX 8 Step program= Moog Mother 32?

Post by Patch_adams » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:51 pm

Thanks for all the responses guys! I just got a confirmation that my Mother is en route and I'm super psyched. I think I'm going to hold off on a midi controller at the moment and see what I can do with just the mother and my Werkstatt.

Everyone seems to love the BSP but I don't want to drop that much on a controller just yet. Are there any other recommendations for a similar midi controller? What are people's thoughts/experiences with the novation launchkey 25 or the Akai mpk25? Are they decent or would I be better to shell out for the BSP? :?:

MaxFerency

Post by MaxFerency » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:26 pm

Arturia is coming out w a Keystep controller in March/April. It has midi, CV, an arpegiator, and a polyphonic sequencer. It is supposed to cost around $125.
Max Ferency | http://maxferency.org | max [at] maxferency [dot] org
SYSTEM: macOS & Logic X Pro
GEAR: Matriarch, Sub 37, Korg SV-2, DFAM, MF Drive, MF Delay, MF Boost, Roland RC-202

thisbillisbrown

Post by thisbillisbrown » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Can you expand on this? Apologies if poor interpretation on my part, but there isn't a "CV Out" on the Mother 32 (literally speaking), nor is there a "CV In" on the Werkstatt.
Vsyevolod wrote:
Patch_adams wrote:...will the Mothers sequencer also run the Werkstatt if I hook them up together...?
Yes it will. Just run a cable from the CV output on the Mother to the CV input on the Werkstatt. This is where the mini-phone extension comes in real handy.

Stephen

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:41 am

Sorry not to answer to this, But I’d like to bring some info on this older post:
jsharpphoto wrote:The EHX 8-Step can only be a modulation source, because as far as I know, it doesn't send gate CV. It's just sending a generic voltage that's fine for things like frequency cutoff, but not consistent enough for pitch, and you'd have to get a gate signal from something else.
The EHX 8SP features a sync mode that allows to go through the steps thanks to a gate signal input. This means that you can use a common gate generator as envelope trigger AND 8SP clock.

Plus the 8SP circuit board allows a mod for gate output. This can be easily found on the web.

Now it's true that it is a bit rough for pitch modulation, but as it can store presets, well, it can do the job.