Moog Music Forum

Share Ideas and Pass the word

Is the Werkstatt more than a toy?

Everything Werkstatt.

Re: Is the Werkstatt more than a toy?

Postby muksys » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
muksys wrote:Ah that's why. I ordered the knurled shaft ones. DO NOT USE THOSE!!

Never do! They're all crap. :mrgreen:

Learned my lesson.

Didn't see you at knobcon. Where you there?
muksys

Postby Voltor07 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Nope, didn't make knob con...maybe next year. :wink:
Sub 37 #000068, Minitaur, CP-251, MF-102&103, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, Lowrey Teenie Genie.
Voltor07

Postby slabwax » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:09 am

So I put the #4s on,it looks great. That said to anyone thinking about swapping out the knobs. the #4s block a lot of the lettering. I might order in a #3 to see if that works better.
slabwax

Postby secondjohn » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:09 am

Very handsome finished product. The oak table/floor for a background really helps tell the wood story. Nice.
secondjohn

Postby George Nada » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:56 pm

facon wrote:Got all of the knobs in. They are actually kind of loose and don't come close to sticking. I also don't feel that the knobs are too close together. Perhaps I ordered different knobs. These are #4 Synth Pointers from Small Bear. I did not order knurled shaft.

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1112

I have a Werkstatt on the way and would like to get some knobs like this on it also. I no ZERO about any of this stuff. Will the knobs you mention just slide over the existing little knobs or is there more to it all? Thanks!
George Nada

Postby slabwax » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:12 pm

Yes the knobs that are linked to just slide on easy.
slabwax

Postby Etamin » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:24 pm

facon wrote:I made up some wood panels for it today. I had one knob already and have the rest coming from Small Bear. I thought it could look a little more Moogish.

Resurrecting a long dead post, but if you see this, where did you find the white keyboard buttons? Also, how did you attach the wood side panels?

I do like the look of your mods.

Thanks in advance, Peter
Etamin

Postby slabwax » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:03 am

slabwax

Postby Larrold » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:14 pm

image.jpeg
This is MY Werkstatt. I used the #2 synth pointer knobs from Small Bear Electronics--the smallest they carry. Even with these some of the legends are slightly obscured, but the Mooginess is definitely enhanced. I also have the white keyboard buttons on order and the should arrive in about a week. Additionally I'd like to make or purchase wood sides, but would prefer something like the sides available for the Minitaur that hold the unit at a 30-30 degree angle. If anyone has and suggestions please let me know, especially about how to attach the sides. BTW... The #2 knobs fit very loose, but have a set screw that tightens them to the post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Larrold

Postby Etamin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:40 pm

slabwax wrote:Here is the links for the knobs. http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... 01-0209-EV

Thanks for the link :)

Peter
Etamin

Previous

Return to Werkstatt Forum