Is the Werkstatt more than a toy?

Everything Werkstatt.
muksys

Re: Is the Werkstatt more than a toy?

Post by muksys » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
muksys wrote:Ah that's why. I ordered the knurled shaft ones. DO NOT USE THOSE!!
Never do! They're all crap. :mrgreen:

Learned my lesson.

Didn't see you at knobcon. Where you there?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Nope, didn't make knob con...maybe next year. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:09 am

So I put the #4s on,it looks great. That said to anyone thinking about swapping out the knobs. the #4s block a lot of the lettering. I might order in a #3 to see if that works better.

secondjohn

Post by secondjohn » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:09 am

Very handsome finished product. The oak table/floor for a background really helps tell the wood story. Nice.

George Nada

Post by George Nada » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:56 pm

facon wrote:Got all of the knobs in. They are actually kind of loose and don't come close to sticking. I also don't feel that the knobs are too close together. Perhaps I ordered different knobs. These are #4 Synth Pointers from Small Bear. I did not order knurled shaft.

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1112

I have a Werkstatt on the way and would like to get some knobs like this on it also. I no ZERO about any of this stuff. Will the knobs you mention just slide over the existing little knobs or is there more to it all? Thanks!

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:12 pm

Yes the knobs that are linked to just slide on easy.

Etamin

Post by Etamin » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:24 pm

facon wrote:I made up some wood panels for it today. I had one knob already and have the rest coming from Small Bear. I thought it could look a little more Moogish.

Resurrecting a long dead post, but if you see this, where did you find the white keyboard buttons? Also, how did you attach the wood side panels?

I do like the look of your mods.

Thanks in advance, Peter

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:03 am

Larrold

Post by Larrold » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:14 pm

image.jpeg
This is MY Werkstatt. I used the #2 synth pointer knobs from Small Bear Electronics--the smallest they carry. Even with these some of the legends are slightly obscured, but the Mooginess is definitely enhanced. I also have the white keyboard buttons on order and the should arrive in about a week. Additionally I'd like to make or purchase wood sides, but would prefer something like the sides available for the Minitaur that hold the unit at a 30-30 degree angle. If anyone has and suggestions please let me know, especially about how to attach the sides. BTW... The #2 knobs fit very loose, but have a set screw that tightens them to the post.

Etamin

Post by Etamin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:40 pm

slabwax wrote:Here is the links for the knobs. http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... 01-0209-EV
Thanks for the link :)

Peter

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:06 pm

muksys wrote: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:36 pm Love the wood ends!!

I ordered those same knobs from smallbear. They do look tits, but when they're next to each other (especially the cutoff and res), it's a bit cumbersome to tweak. Also, if you push those knobs down they WILL NOT come off!! I had to use a pair of pliers to get them off. It ended up destroying the cutoff and resonance pots. Thankfully I had a drawer full of those same pots so I was able to replace em. Do keep this in mind though.
Hi, I have the same problem with Smallbear knobs. Could you show me how you took them out?????

Richy

Post by Richy » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:55 am

Hello
I have a question.
After many years I have now again got my Moog 203 a from the attic.
I am now experiencing a problem.
When connecting, the fuse goes out almost immediately, sometimes immediately and sometimes after a few minutes….?
Can you tell me what's going on here?
And can you tell me what the right fuse is that should be in it and whether you can also supply it to me ???
Maybe I'm putting the wrong one in there?
I like to hear it,
Thank you.
Richard frome The Netherlands